Bitch and moan Roadies!

Regard

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that somehow roadies got a bad name?  Guess it is due to their attitude towards using the road.......

Shame they got a long way to go to improve their image!!!!  They are not only hated by motorist but by MTBers as well....... (and I may add some Downhillers don't like them either and would like to sacrifice one or two of them to Greg and Steve  Evil%20Smile Evil%20Smile !!!!!!!!!)

Regard (Retard?),

Instead of being such a chop, why don't you actually do something

positive (or is it easier to just bitch & moan?)...

Cycle Lab is well aware of these problems and is trying to sort out

this type of behaviour.

If you see something, contact THEM and let THEM know instead of

ranting on  about it and doing nothing.

Contacts are:

Jhb Club: club@cyclelab.com

Pta Club: clubpta@cyclelab.com

The problem is that there are too many people with bad attitudes on

the road (both motorised and un-motorised) to expect perfect manners.

A long, slow process of attitude adjustment is required...

If you see something' date=' contact THEM and let THEM know instead of ranting on? about it and doing nothing.

[/quote']

and you will only get the response "we can not be help responsible for what our members do". After the 3rd email to them, I just don't bother anymore. I also stopped donating to fund raisers and riding in protest rides because of this.

If you see something' date=' contact THEM and let THEM know instead of ranting on  about it and doing nothing.
[/quote']

and you will only get the response "we can not be help responsible for what our members do". After the 3rd email to them, I just don't bother anymore. I also stopped donating to fund raisers and riding in protest rides because of this.

Exclamation Typical gutless reply.Exclamation

If they are members, then they should be bound by the code and discipline of the club/organisation. There is none so lazy as those who want to do nothing.

Hauiling your mate into a disciplinary hearing is not a pleasant thing to do, but then you should pick your mates according to standards other than who pays their subs/fees.

So it is impossible to ride in them and do more than 10 or twenty k's and hour and there are so many obstacles as to make them totally unsafe.

That answer your question about whi I do not ride in the dedicated cycle lanes of Alberton?

get a mountain bike Big%20smile

i commute to work, a few kilometers on remnants of a cycle path from a previous era close to randburg high, the sand and building rubble and pedestrians make for good training and on a mountain bike 10 kays an hour is perfectly acceptable.

i have to take my roadiebike to work some time, so that a colleague can see if it fits her, so tha she can do the 94.7 on it - and i already dread the traffic and the punctures that day - will probably take it by car cos i'm too much of a wus to take the traffic on Confused

Stry soos julle wil. Fietsryers verloor daardie gawe om logies te dink' date=' sodra hulle poepolle onder druk van 'n fietssaal kom.

[/quote']

hmmmm. spesifiek mountain bikers Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

wanker

Just what I meant by you have to earn your respect 
You are a wanker because you are generalising and you are just looking for  attention. You know what the clubs policy is' date=' you say as much, but the club can't enforce policies on individuals any more than your ranting on here will.

I won't ride with certain individuals in my club because of exactly this sort of behavior but I don't take the piss out of every other individual that is a club member because of it.

And I really don't need your respect.

[/quote']

Windbreaker. I totaly agree with you, I only ride with a select few because of the manner in which we ride. SAFELY. I also marshall at the Cycle Lab JHB. Why the hell do all you perfect do gooders not help out as a marshall from time to time.

PS. Its etc not ect!!!!!

According to the original post, there were 2 cyclelab marshalls there. What is the point of them being there?

OK, I'm from slaapstad so I don't know exactly the places you are talking about.

wanker

You are a wanker because you are generalising and you are just looking for  attention. You know what the clubs policy is' date=' you say as much, but the club can't enforce policies on individuals any more than your ranting on here will.

I won't ride with certain individuals in my club because of exactly this sort of behavior but I don't take the piss out of every other individual that is a club member because of it.

[/quote']

Dear Windbreaker,

Afetr digesting your post, I am compelled to comment. The portion in red is really interesting.

A club has a constitution, elected officials, rules and regulations. Let me see if I understand your post - the club cannot enforce policies on indivisuals? Drivel.

Let said individual/s not pay their subs (one of the policies I am sure) and see what happens. Club officials do not enforce CERTAIN policies would be a more accurate statement.

Any club can enforce their policies if the have the requisite cajones.

Sorry Mate, don't buy your statement.

I am not seeking attention. Don't even think of calling me wanker.

Everybody just needs to start being a little bit more positive here. Lets all just take a chill pill, be kind and patient  and respect others on the road. Even if you think they dont respect you. You reap wat you sow.Thumbs%20Up Prins-USN2009-08-18 01:16:14

Everybody just needs to start being a little bit more positive here. Lets all just take a chill pill' date=' be kind and patient  and respect others on the road. Even if you think they dont respect you. You reap wat you sow.Thumbs%20Up [/quote']

If that is true, how deep do you plant a Pinarello and when is it ripe enough to reap?smiley2.gif

wanker

[/quote']

In this case,who will they enforce it upon??This was not a organized club ride...no Marshals were present.So just a couple of guy's riding in cyclelab kit???How can a club be held responsible for what people do while riding in there kit??

Dear Windbreaker,

Afetr digesting your post, I am compelled to comment. The portion in red is really interesting.

A club has a constitution, elected officials, rules and regulations. Let me see if I understand your post - the club cannot enforce policies on indivisuals? Drivel.

Let said individual/s not pay their subs (one of the policies I am sure) and see what happens. Club officials do not enforce CERTAIN policies would be a more accurate statement.

Any club can enforce their policies if the have the requisite cajones.

Sorry Mate, don't buy your statement.

I am not seeking attention. Don't even think of calling me wanker.

In this case,who will they enforce it upon??This was not a organized club ride...no Marshals were present.So just a couple of guy's riding in cyclelab kit....maybe we can organize a lineup and Mr "Who ever started" this tread can identify the culprits!!!

Sorry. I seem to remember an earlier post in this 10 page thread (and counting) that said there were guys in their red kit that means they are marshals.

It is a lot like having a sign-written company car careening all over the highway. The guy driving the vehicle is not the company, but they get a bad rep because of his actions.
Gasping2009-08-18 02:01:55

Sorry. I seem to remember an earlier post in this 10 page thread (and counting) that said there were guys in their red kit that means they are marshals.

It is a lot like having a sign-written company car careening all over the highway. The guy driving the vehicle is not the company' date=' but they get a bad rep because of his actions.
[/quote']

Cyclelab Marshals will have a orange high visibility vest on,not red kit.

I have maybe 5 different clubs kit that I can ride with on any given day...should they then be held responsible every time I decide to skip a robot?

Just saying it is very hard for a club to control who does what while wearing there kit.