VODACOM MOBILE MODEM

Guest Frail4Life

Guest Frail4Life

ANYONE WHO HAS BAD SERVICE OR PROBLEMS WITH THERE VODACOM MOBILE MODEM??? I HAVE HAD MINE FOR LESS THAN THREE MONTHS, ALWAYS GIVEN CONNECTION PROBLEMS. KNOW VODACOM TELS ME THE INSIDE CONNECTIONS ARE DAMAGED???

I also get varied access, sometimes i get an error that i'm not connected other times that there is no network available.

I also get varied access' date=' sometimes i get an error that i'm not connected other times that there is no network available. [/quote']

That my friend is 'normal' mobile data access in RSA Angry

mine is fairly rock solid. sometimes i can only get hsdpa or gprs initially, but it usually moves up to 3g shortly there after. 

Sadly i fear you're right.

Unless we move to Marks' 'hood ....... Wink

sadly in my hood vodacom sucks, it's at my office in city deep where it is pretty cool.

What does seem to help the cr@ppy little usb dongle type modems (ie - not the E220) is using the provided usb cable rather than plug-in directly into the machine. I suspect that they act as some sort of antennae. Definitely improves signal strengh.

What does seem to help the cr@ppy little usb dongle type modems (ie - not the E220) is using the provided usb cable rather than plug-in directly into the machine. I suspect that they act as some sort of antennae. Definitely improves signal strengh.

the best is if you get the usb cable with the dual plug.... that draws power from 2 usb ports on your machine, and so boosts the power of the dongle.

the best is if you get the usb cable with the dual plug.... that draws power from 2 usb ports on your machine' date=' and so boosts the power of the dongle.
[/quote']

Which one can acquire from where sah?

Guest Frail4Life

TNT1

What is Wimax?

I will first try get modem repaired.

Will otherwise see how Wimax works.

the best is if you get the usb cable with the dual plug.... that draws power from 2 usb ports on your machine' date=' and so boosts the power of the dongle.

[/quote']

Thanks Bob, I'm going to try that at home.

BB, should come with the modem.

also got one of these crap things from Vodacom... have to move around in my house with my laptop until it decide it is getting signal.. worst is sometimes I do not get signal at a spot where i had signal like an hour ago or while I am busy working the thing just disconnects...

Wimax is pretty cool and stable ... currently the best "wireless" system available. I used to do online gaming with my Wimax after a lot of people said I am going to waist my money with wireless and online gaming becuase it is not stable enough...  Pity telkom's client service was to up to standard else I would have had my wimax still today .... (NO SERVICE...NO PAY) .... but yeah according to me wimax is better than these "kokaai" usb modems