PPA seeding

Jaco-fiets

Got nothing to do with Argus. AFAIK Argus seeding is based on specific seeding events and not on PPA seeding.

2009 Argus was egter in Maart en PPA het toe al geweet wat almal se tye is en hoe dit die seedings sal beinvloed.

Hulle het ook geweet hulle moet 'n seeding run doen in Julie.

PPA het dus 4+ maande gehad om 'n plan te maak...

true

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The seeding was not done earlier because they had to wait to get enough renewals to make the reseeding worth while. This is fact because i phoned some time ago and asked what the delay is. The new issue is surely just not adjusting group sizes but their race indexes is a complete f.ckup! They took the seedings off a day after putting it on because they obviously had a 1000 calls from people crapping on them. I for one am not interested in their reasons, i pay my subs on time each year (keep in mind that 3 years ago it was something like R80 per year) so i expect my seeding correctly short afterwards

PPA news feed posted on Monday said one to two days for seeding to be sorted ... guess what "nothing" .........

Quick qustion. Knowing your seeding will it change anything?

We as the human race are all quick to moan when we dont get what we want but how many of us in our jobs do excatly the same? I bet that most ppl will say nope not me Im always on time etc but then who is making all these mess ups?

My 2 cents worth.

I personally don't care if I am F or H, I'd just like to get my number. I have paid for it end of June already. It's time that the PPA treat the MTB members as equals, and not as the "poor cousins" of the sport. The statement that the numbers will be ready for the first road race is not acceptable. I am one of the riders that last year started off with a bad seeding, as I was new to the sport. If I get my poper seeding, it will most certainly push me into the first bunch at MTB races (A-H).

If you all have a look then it seems that the PPA has removed everyone?s results for the Argus this year.

This is according the results page on the site.

Question: If they remove the result then what is the holdup with the seeding results?????

Its E, and no problem with that. I dont have any intentions to race in the league's

You know, its always nicer to come as a group from behindf and tell the front groups :

"Thanks for waiting for us",.... net so bietjie venyn as ons funriders van hierdie vinnige boys inry...

It's really not such a big issue, you can still use your number from last year. For the league races it really does not matter where you start, you always seem to find yourself in a group of guys who have a similaier fitness level.

The point is that you pay for a service. Whether or not you care what your seeding say is your own issue. It really is the "im just happy to be alive; i dont care if i get bad service as long as i get service", south african attitude that puts us a step back from the rest of the world

Pedal Power are really cocking it up this time. There is still no seeding on the site. Their service is shocking. We payed our memberships end June and still nothing has been done and it is end August

PEDAL POWER YOU ARE BING A BUNCH OF TOSSERS SORT IT OUT!

PEDAL POWER YOU ARE BING A BUNCH OF TOSSERS SORT IT OUT!

Speaking of "tossers", why don't you come to the AGM on the 2nd September and tell them to their faces??

more than happy to do so except I work in the evening. I have sent them a mail and called so they are quite aware of the frustration. Here is my mail for what it is worth:

I am getting really frustrated with PedalPower as are many other riders, and I feel that PedalPower owe us an apology and certainly at least some of our membership money back.

I paid my membership fees end June and it is now end August and the seeding and new membership still has not been completed and this is plainly unacceptable. I understand that there are some issues because of the Argus having slow times - but that was in March and there is no way that it takes this many months to sort it out.

Secondly there seems to be this desire to get the seeding etc sorted for the road season - what about the mountain bike riders? Do we get discounted fees for second rate service? Many riders are starting waaay back in the field because they are waiting for reseeding that should have been done two months ago. That is 8 races that they should be starting up front but can't because pedal power cannot get this solved.

We were told the seeding would be done by the end of this week, it is Friday and still nothing has happened and I am guessing that nothing will. Whilst I understand that Racetec does the seeding, PPA has been slack in communication to their members and have been disorganized that this should become such a fiasco for this long

I am saddened and disappointed at what I thought was a well run organization. Please guys get this right or you are going to find a great lack of support for you and your organization.

Have you tried to enter a race on the PPA site lately. They have some issue so they divert to racetec whom also have had problems with their calender the last 2 to 3 days. So i cant see that anybody could enter the swartland mtb race last couple of days. NIIIICCCCCEEEE!!!!!!!!Jaco-fiets2009-08-28 23:02:23