2010 Argus Cycle Tour & Giro del Capo

Drinks@Brawn

To All those sub 3'ers

To achieve this feat one inevitably have to ride at a near constant speed of 40km/h. What gear would you have to be in to achieve this speed on a reasonable flat and what cadence would you be doing?

Also if you were to be going ujp the east side of Ou Kaapse weg(Tokai side) what gear would you be in and what speed would you be travelling at.

For the east side I find I'm mostly in the lowest gears and for the most part cannot go faster than 12 km/h

The reason for these questions is that I'm trying to achieve an average speed of 30 km/h for the fun rides, but for the Olympic cycle race for example could only manage 28 km/h average. I've been cycling for less than a year

Regards

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need to do is have a seeding of E or better and make sure you end up in dthe middle of your group at the end.  The climbs is the part of the race where you need to keep up with the group as there is little help but your own legs.

To All those sub 3'ers

?

To achieve this feat one inevitably have to ride at a near constant speed of 40km/h. What gear would you have to be in to achieve this speed on a reasonable flat and what cadence would you be doing?

?

Also if you were to be going ujp the east side of Ou Kaapse weg(Tokai side) what gear would you be in and what speed would you be travelling at.

?

For the east side I find I'm mostly in the lowest gears and for the most part cannot go faster than 12 km/h

?

The reason for these questions is that I'm trying to achieve an average speed of 30 km/h for the fun rides' date=' but for the Olympic cycle race for example could only manage 28 km/h average. I've been cycling for less than a year

?

Regards
[/quote']

Its true that you'll have to average close to 40 but remember there are a lot places where you can go much faster than that: wynberg hill to muizenberg, smitwinkel to slangkop and then the last stretch from suikerbossie. The trick will just be to get over the nasty bumps.

Does anyone know when the seedings are going to come out?

Does anyone know when the seedings are going to come out?

An informant of mine told me that the Argus organizers only sent out those emails before x-mas, because they didn't feel like handling the seedings before the holidays...

So add some Cape Town time and who knows when the seeding will be out smiley5.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Cycle tour website said seedings will be sent out midway through january. Nothing yet. Hope it comes out soon

So, the latest email states to be on the lookout for preliminary seedings from Thursday, AND that if your friend gets theirs before you to just be patient.

Got it!?

Can almost feel the Windhoek man watching me...   smiley22.gif

I'm happy now. Got my seeding finally. Hope it doesn't change. The email said that it could move around a few groups in the final seeding run.

I'm happy now. Got my seeding finally. Hope it doesn't change. The email said that it could move around a few groups in the final seeding run.

Now you got to do the training to go with that good seeding.Wink

?

Now you got to do the training to go with that good seeding.Wink

Already started and doing well so far.

Got mine as well, "G", for now.smiley11.gif The bent rear DR did not help my time very much. So far the training is not going to plan either.

Read most of the post,my old man doing his 23rd this year I am doing my 3rd, golden rule drink a lot of good red wine before the race and race hard,managed 3 sub 3 hours.

Read most of the post' date='my old man doing his 23rd this year I am doing my 3rd, golden rule drink a lot of good red wine before the race and race hard,managed 3 sub 3 hours.[/quote']

You also can not get to sleep?LOL  reading posts at 01h00 in the morning. 

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the NT group is? Is that the old social tandem group? Do we start after the Z group?