Help me choose a bike

Castle

Hi All

Hope that u will be able to help me. I have been doing triathlon for 2 years now, but cycling for a bit longer. Still own my first bike which is a old second hand Silverback.

I want to upgrade to a tri bike now, and then keep the silverback for my cycle only events. Browsing on the web I found Quintana Roo has a new Split R bike which is interesting because it's both. Gives you n normal racing bike with mini clip on bars. This means that if I take it I can sell my Silverback and have a full carb in both worlds

The Question is I don't know the bike. Will it be comfortable in both tri (Jailbreak and Ironman and 70.3, energade series)and normal cycling or will I be riding with a disatvantage. Will the setup make it hard to climb or not?Will the mini clip on be less comfortable on the longer rides?

I can't see the bike beforehand, you order it from Triangle sports. So does anybody have a opinon on this??

Hi All

Hope that u will be able to help me. I have been doing triathlon for 2 years now, but cycling for a bit longer. Still own my first bike which is a old second hand Silverback.

I want to upgrade to a tri bike now, and then keep the silverback for my cycle only events. Browsing on the web I found Quintana Roo has a new Split R bike which is interesting because it's both. Gives you n normal racing bike with mini clip on bars. This means that if I take it I can sell my Silverback and have a full carb in both worlds

The Question is I don't know the bike. Will it be comfortable in both tri (Jailbreak and Ironman and 70.3, energade series)and normal cycling or will I be riding with a disatvantage. Will the setup make it hard to climb or not?Will the mini clip on be less comfortable on the longer rides?

I can't see the bike beforehand, you order it from Triangle sports. So does anybody have a opinon on this??

Help!

Castle2009-09-09 00:28:42

sorry, can't help other than to add that Quintana make the most awesomest tri bikes on the planet.

Another question to ask yourself, what about back up and warranties? Is this an official import into SA and is there a stock of spares. Even the wheels are QRoo wheels, you may wait ages for replacement parts in the even of a warrenty claim. If it is not an official import, you may even battle with any Shimano warranty claims.

There are other aero bikes on the market which have a much greater presence in SA. Fuji have a carbon model and Felt too.

It is.

Triangle sports has the lisence, they started with the imports round about the last 70.3 Ironman. I'm not worried about the parts of the bike,

I'm struggling more that I might weaken myself on both diciplins if I go for a bike that I can use in both tri and single sports, or rather keep my old bike and get a tri bike just for tri