So much to be grateful for.......

L.T.G

What an awesome day!!!

firstly,I got to sleep in..only woke up at 630am, to a beautiful day!

Breakfast, dressed, left...took a drive out to Van Gaalens from Krugersdorp.

the Magalies range looked beautiful, the day is so clear i could almost see Tuesday!

Rode the Van Gaalans single track (which seriously is heaven on earth) and the new track that Eric has added, awesome, but challenging, on my older trusty hardtail (stock Scott aspect 10, except for replaced cranks, now SLX), ..man that bike is awesome, never given me a day's sh*t!

Now wash and shine time!

PS for those of you who do ride Van Gaalens and don't know, it's not free anymore.(hasn't ben for a little while now) Fee is a measly R25, so please make sure you pay before riding, there's nobody checking, so it boils down to just being honest.

Latest Bicycling mentions it's free, but that's wrong.

Upkeep doesn't come free and Eric does an awesome job!Clap

Enjoy the rest of the beautiful Sunday.Wink

van Gaalens is without a doubt a jewel. Not just the riding but the openess of the staff and family there.

The trail pass fee is relatively new and has only come into effect the last month or so, you also receive a green sticker that doubles as a pass that needs to be kept visible.

This is due to Eric's efforts in now securing trail access accross 40 odd farms. Theres plenty more in the pipeline too Big%20smile

Eric and his family have become avid mountain bikers recently as well Thumbs%20Up

Sigh, would much rather be out on the trails today... deadlines gotta be met though

Guest Frail4Life

Yes, roads were very quiet. By us we, City only had 5 members. Did some serious hill on hill climbing.

My coffee grinder is still working, perp who "borrowed" my bike just left it covered in scratches. 

Froze my nuts off while having snot fall out my nose going up to the mast twice in the pissing rain. Really greatfull for that...

Rode the Kloofzicht rip-off. Too much walking to my liking, but I agree. At 7 AM the place looked stunning with hot air balloons in the background.

Hi all

Recovered after 10 days of flue and had two amazing mtb longrides this weekend 3h30 and 4hrs today and Im blessed to be fit and healthy back on the bike what a weekend !!! Big%20smile

Hi all

Recovered after 10 days of flue and had two amazing mtb longrides this weekend 3h30 and 4hrs today and Im blessed to be fit and healthy back on the bike what a weekend !!! Big%20smile

welcome backClap

Did the Dome2Dome today, and absolutely grateful that I am priviledged enough to the good health etc have sore legs after a tough cycling race

My wife got knocked of her bike twice this week, once by an angry female in the suburbs and today riding the Dome by a dumb blond, i'm thankful my wife survived the week!

Next weeks training is definately off road.

Yikes, she had a hetic week!

Was the dumb blond operating a bicycle or a car?