Slicks - Do they make your ride much easier.

Hunterelli

If you're in, or around, Johannesburg (or Pretoria) - I use Solomons (Pretoria North or Woodmead).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really a sick thread . We will be a group of MTB'ers doing the 94.7 this year and if we pass you and you got slicks on I will take your number and post it here for all to see !!!

This is really a sick slick thread Tongue. We will be a group of MTB'ers doing the 94.7 this year and if we pass you and you got slicks on I will take your number and post it here for all to see !!!

I've decided that slicks suck on MTB (1.5 Kendas). I nearly did a face plant because of them. Hit a tar furrow (side of the road where it meets the pavement) and lost control.

My normal 2" just glide through them and never had an issue. I also found that running my Maxxis I commute just as fast as my slicks.

Went the cheap slick route as I expected them to last longer on the tar. Well after only 500km they have more wear than my Maxxis Crossmarks (500km on tar). Must say that proper MTB slicks seem to anyway be in the > 1.9" range.

At the end of the day, well I'm not a roadie and I should not pretend to be one either.

cbrunsdon2009-11-09 03:38:52

This is really a sick thread . We will be a group of MTB'ers doing the 94.7 this year and if we pass you and you got slicks on I will take your number and post it here for all to see !!!

Shall I give you my number now? Since, unless you start before me, you WILL pass me EmbarrassedCryEmbarrassed

Hey guys

I'm a MTB rider, but was told on Saturday that I'm doing the 94.7 road race...

Now, I haven't ridden my road bike more than 3 times this year & I've never ridden in a bunch...

Would it be better to do the race on my MTB or Road bike?

I have shoe's & cleats on both...