DT Supercomp spokes

splat

Check theses guys spoke tech out.

http://www.pillarspoke.com/

Works like "technology"  "nano" and "ti" when used in conjunction with spokes (or anything else for that matter) should immediately send your BS Detection Unit (BSDU) to the red end of the dial.

I cant find a single bit of useful information on that website. Besides, it loads like a large virus.

What exactly is it you want us to "check".

I think my roadie currently has normal straight guage spokes. (American Classic Sprint 350)

How much weight could I save by putting on some light sapins?

Would it change the ride at all?

Would it be worth the upgrade?

I think my roadie currently has normal straight guage spokes. (American Classic Sprint 350)

You'll save about 60 g per wheel.

It will not change the ride, you won't even know they're there.

Will it be worth the upgrade? Of course. You need it. 60 grams per wheel is 120 grams per wheelset. It all adds up you know. It'll make you faster, more responsive, roll faster and the envy of the opposite sex. All of this will lead to promotion of work, more money, early retirement and endless happy days on sundrenched beaches.

(All said in exactly the same voice intonation as when Johnny Toomuchmoney walks into a Mercedes dealership and asks the salesman if he really needs a 6.3l supercharged engine is a C-class Merc.)

You'll save about 60 g per wheel.

It will not change the ride' date=' you won't even know they're there.

Will it be worth the upgrade? Of course. You need it. 60 grams per wheel is 120 grams per wheelset. It all adds up you know. It'll make you faster, more responsive, roll faster and the envy of the opposite sex. All of this will lead to promotion of work, more money, early retirement and endless happy days on sundrenched beaches.

(All said in exactly the same voice intonation as when Johnny Toomuchmoney walks into a Mercedes dealership and asks the salesman if he really needs a 6.3l supercharged engine is a C-class Merc.)

[/quote']

So I could save upto 60 a wheel, but I wont know the difference at all and it wont change the ride.

But it is definitly worth the upgrade.

LOL Clap

Maybe if I was a weight wennie it would make a bigger difference because of bragging rights.

JB, following snippets of your other posts, should I even dare to ask you if you get titanium spokes Embarrassed

I am not about to respoke a perfectly functioning wheelset, but if I ever had to replace spokes I would like to put the best thing that I could on them.

I've got american classic V-brake wheels, I take it from the previous posts that the fact that they are v-brake doesn't matter....

Now saving 120g on my wheelset sounds nice (im young and immature and all that- blah blah).....

But the question is, how much do these spokes cost each in SA (in black?) do you know JB? and Should I really trust my LBS's wheelbuilder to do it right?

Are DT revolutions the way to go? (since the other ones are hard to come by)

Is it worth bringing some in with my CRC order?

Sorry for all the questions!Scoe2009-11-17 02:54:28

I think revolyions are better option and it might cost you cheaper to bring them in with your next order. .  just double check the lenght that you need.

building it depends on your bikeshopand who the wheelbuilder is

Do you know Cyclo-pro in PE?

They're an amazing shop, but I've never had a wheel built there, anyone had one built there?

I've got american classic V-brake wheels' date=' I take it from the previous posts that the fact that they are v-brake doesn't matter....
Now saving 120g on my wheelset sounds nice (im young and immature and all that- blah blah).....
But the question is, how much do these spokes cost each in SA (in black?) do you know JB? and Should I really trust my LBS's wheelbuilder to do it right?

Are DT revolutions the way to go? (since the other ones are hard to come by)
Is it worth bringing some in with my CRC order?

Sorry for all the questions![/quote']

Sapim Laser spokes (Revolution equivalent) are not available in Black in ZA. Go Silver or import.

DT Swiss Revolutions are available in Black and expect to pay about R18 (I'll double check the figure once there is a serious enquiry) per spoke.

No, you should not trust your bike shop to do it right. Bringing slender shank spokes up to tension is a job for the expert. Stress-relieving them on poofter rims such as ACs is a job for the not-so-feint-hearted expert. Building with aluminium nipples at high tension is for the brave.

Are they the way to go? I dunno what that means but they have all the properties so desired by afficianados: Expense, bling, bragging rights and the fact that only a select few people actually know what they're looking at. Fortunately, they are also very durable and in my view, nice to look at.

Yes, you can bring some in with your CRC order. But first have someone calculate the correct length for you. Don't just copy the length in your AC wheels, since AC uses a proprietary spoke nipple that requires a slightly longer spoke than other nipples.

No' date=' you should not trust your bike shop to do it right. Bringing slender shank spokes up to tension is a job for the expert. [/quote']

I am assuming here that you are under the impression that bike shops don't have wheel building experts ?

No' date=' you should not trust your bike shop to do it right. Bringing slender shank spokes up to tension is a job for the expert. [/quote']

I am assuming here that you are under the impression that bike shops don't have wheel building experts ?

Absolutely correct.

There is many shops that have people that stuff up wheels more than fix them.

I had terrible experiences in the past with my old rims.

Often broke spokes and had endless problems.

Eventually I tried a new place that someone told me they had a rim builder in.

Turns out my rim had the wrong nipples/spoke combo all along and the other shop never realised it.

Ive been burned badly with bad wheel builders.

So that is why I like to ask questions about putting in lighter spokes but if it came down to it I dont know who I could trust enough to do the work properly.