Advice on heart rate monitors

Bram_on_Madone

I want to get a heart rate monitor and would be interested in any advice/suggestions you guys might have.  I read a lot of complaints about problems people have with the more flashy units like the Edge 305, etc.  I'm also not sure whether to get a multifunction bike mounted unit or whether it makes more sense just to go for a classic wrist mounted Polar.

Any comments?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents.

I got the polar f6. It is rather basic but it does show your heart rate as a % of maximum. I use it for running as well, so for the bike I got a bike mount for R100bucks.

There are some seriously advanced ones out there so i gues it depends what you looking for. I wanted something entry level that would keep track of my sessions. I paid roughly 1400 for it.

I would only go for Polar, their products are brilliant and there is a great range to choose from. I have never had a problem with my Polar, only the occasional battery changed. The service that you get from Polar agents (IHF Products) is also awesome, I normally get a 3 day turn around including postage from CT to Joburg.

i have a polar S610 wrist mount heart rate monitor in excellent condition which you can have for R 1000.00 

I got a polar CS300 (R1900-00), but was not informed properly when buying it dunno what you want to use it for but if you only want to cycle I would say a Blackburn delphi 5.0 Heart rate and cadence all for about R900-00

Blackburn delphi 5 has HR' date=' cadence and all the other stuff like speed etc. only costs about R850 in LBS [/quote']

But that is what I saidWink

+1 on the Polar F6, you can download and track your progress, you can gym, all the basics you need.

+1 on the Polar F6' date=' you can download and track your progress, you can gym, all the basics you need.[/quote']

Ok but with the F6 you need to get a seperate monitor for speed cadence and all that other stuff we as cyclists needWink

Ja ja ja.  Kansas go and take that Merida and ride off somewhere into da bush! Wink

Jealousy make you nasty Wink

hey me hav merida to man, thats why we'll be thick as two thieves in a pod...I dont have the scenery though  CryCryCryCryCryCry