Percy Mont moers his wife ????

limosine

Iwould love to see a newspaper that reports good news - I might even subscribe.

But the way things work here is you have your angle (conservative/left/pro government/etc.) and then you take a news story and bend it to what you wish to report.

I will be told again that this opinion is only worth 2c, but it is still a shed-load cheaper than a daily newspaper.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 second rule!!! maybe she swung at him and he just sqeezed her??

but i see the charges have been dropped... her lawers advised her that he has squwandered all his money, so no point continuing!!

'They will work it out'

October 09 2009 at 11:40AM

By Daily News Reporters

A charge of assault against South Africa's most capped Springbok, Percy Montgomery, was withdrawn today by his wife.

This was confirmed today by a lawyer involved in family discussions since a Sunday fracas in which Montgomery allegedly assaulted the model and mother of two by "squeezing her leg" and "throwing a punch at her", according to a charge sheet.

Said the attorney who had spoken this week to the parties: "I have had discussions with Tasmin and the Tobitts (her parents) and I am certain the matter will be resolved as a family matter.

"They will work it out."

Releasing Montgomery on R1 500 bail on Monday, a Verulam magistrate ordered him not to assault, threaten or verbally abuse his wife, Tasmin. He was also ordered not to communicate with, threaten or harass her parents.

Police Superintendent Vincent Mdunge said it was believed the Bok kicking coach was under the influence of alcohol after having dinner at the Oyster Box in Umhlanga at the weekend.

This breaking news flash was supplied exclusively to iol.co.za by the news desk at our sister title, the Daily News.

For more about this story, carry on watching iol.co.za or
click here to subscribe to the digital or print edition of the newspaper.

2 second rule!!! maybe she swung at him and he just sqeezed her??

but i see the charges have been dropped... her lawers advised her that he has squwandered all his money' date=' so no point continuing!!
[/quote']

If the aim was to get money from him, then yes there is no point in continuing.

If the aim is to punish him for a crime committed, then there is every point in continuing.

If what you say is true, then I am left wondering (not condoning!).

I saw Percy play at Newport' date=' along with Gary and Andy, on a regular basis. Rodney Parade was a ground visiting team hated playing at.The incident with the linesman was blown up out of all proportion - it was a push. However, rules are rules and when you stick your hands on an official you know you'll feel the consequences.Whatever happened, it's sad to see all this *** on the hub and in the papers - the consequence of fame are a life lived in the public eye, wanted or not. How many cases like this are going unreported, with no action taken by the police, every day in SA.....? Now where is the massive media campaign to end domestic violence, instead of 5 second soundbites at the expense of some famous person? Not exactly righteous journalism is it? But then, sensationalism is the name of the game when keeping circulation figures up, and advertisers happy

[/quote']

ever heard of 16 days of activism? i fail to see what's sensationalist about this story. the facts were reported as told. i can't speak for the sapa story, but the newspapers i've read tried to balance the story by speaking to people who could testify to percy's character.

But the way things work here is you have your angle (conservative/left/pro government/etc.) and then you take a news story and bend it to what you wish to report.

considering you have very little grasp on how newspapers work, i'd lower the value of that opinion.

considering you have very little grasp on how newspapers work' date=' i'd lower the value of that opinion.[/quote']

But when someone had a go about call centres I tried to educate them. You don't - thanx for the snide comment. Again.

I really think hr needs a beer, can someone organise him one, he is getting withdrawal symptoms....   

LOLJackes17542009-10-09 04:43:51

considering you have very little grasp on how newspapers work' date=' i'd lower the value of that opinion.[/quote']

?

But when someone had a go about call centres I tried to educate them. You don't - thanx for the snide comment. Again.

snide? again? what, just because someone doesn't agree with you it's snide? oh, wait, you're referring to that thread about the cradle where you got caught out for lying. i'm sorry you took a general comment so personally.

back to this issue, please tell me what angle we pushed on this story? your opinion on this matter - and how daily newspapers work - is simply not an informed one. telling everyone else on the hub that is educational.

I really think hr needs a beer' date=' can someone organise him one, he is getting withdrawal symptoms.... ??

LOL[/quote']

it's 10 minutes to beer o'clock... smiley4.gif

you only withdraw cases when you do not have any ground to stand on ... so this shows Percy have not hit her!!! ??? 

HR, wind your neck in. Snide as in "considering you have very little grasp on how newspapers work, i'd lower the value of that opinion".

So educate me then. How do the daily newspapers in this country work, or are you going to hide behind your keyboard the way accused me of doing? You are proficient with words, so tell me, how do they operate?

I am willing to learn if you are willing to teach me. If you are going to be snippy about it, then so be it I suppose.

you only withdraw cases when you do not have any ground to stand on ... so this shows Percy have not hit her!!! ????

you can have a prima facie case, but may be of the opinion that you do not have a decent chance of a successful prosecution. that's what happened when the state first decided not to pursue charges against zuma in the shaik matter.

i think this matter has been settled privately to keep it out of the spotlight, for both of them. remember what happened to james small?

you only withdraw cases when you do not have any ground to stand on ... so this shows Percy have not hit her!!! ??? 

Maybe you also withdraw charges, when there are other people involved like your children and you trying to protect them first and foremost.

I don't believe ol'Percy would beat his wife. He does not seem the type but I could be horribly wrong.

Problem as I see it, it is waaaay to easy to play the card against your opposite, be that the race card between races, the abuse card between peers and the rape card between sexes. In now way what so ever do I condone any of the mentioned acts - I think is is dispicable and all transgressors should be punished to the full extent of the law and then some. I think it is indicative of how pathetic we has become as a society...

Just my couple of cents worth.