Amashova Crash

Aurora

Guest Agteros

The big question to all the moaners is whether they were directly affected by the incident. Did you, or any of your direct friends, or family suffered injury because of this incident?

Another question to all those who complain and condemn is whether they did anything directly and constructively by offering help or suggestion, or is this just another opportunity to bitch and moan?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When God made  the UCI, it was given a set of rules, and over the years, the UCI has refined it into a very good document...providing indepth guidance to everyone involved in cycling....I wonder why organisers risk going sub-par on that doc, cos if they aim to match its suggestions as best as possible, the moto would have been somewhere else,  a static cam would have been employed, OR a separate lane provided, OR the mats could be shoved further away from the actual line? (Podium results are judged by the naked eye, and CSA sent a camera and operator for judging assistance....so the mats could have been much further away, or anywhere else...)

Soeedy recovery all - - I won't get into a debate here, but you may email info@cyclingsa.com for anything....

latrinus emmer2009-10-19 11:58:11

Have you considered asking RaceTec to consider revising the way they post results? Growing companies are always looking for positive feedback from their users. Give it a try' date=' you might get what you ask for!
[/quote']

?

?

And you think no one has done this already?? Countless times??

?

Timing Companies in SA.......leaque of their own!!!? ClapClapClap

?

Bring back the old days where 1,2,3 gets a place and the rest "thank you for coming".? http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/naughty.gif

I agree. ?

Maybe I am just in a semi bad mood' date=' but sometimes all this moaning just gets to me. Really people, when you find the perfect race, please just go and ride that. And be sure to not be the one to spoil it for the others.

I wonder where that will be tho .... in Mexico you might get hit by a drunken driver (there MUST be a pic out there to prove it!), in Spain the roads get so slippery that it can bring a whole peloton down, especially round a traffic circle, France is just atrocious - there horses run wild, people let their dogs out, photographers jump in the road. Please also avoid SA, esp cape town, where there is a water shorttage and lead vehicles might take you up strange alleys.

Look - mistakes where made and people got hurt (and other people had a great day getting great pics because if it!) - but really, is it necc to moan about it for 8 pages.

Maybe i'm just in a bad mood ... Where's Joe Low in times like these??
[/quote']

Well said Ronelle, this blog is depressing! People love to find something negative to start a "hate campaign". Its lovely to gang up and kick someone in the teeth while they are on the ground.

I doubt that Racetec woke up on Sunday and decided today was a great day to F&%$$ some pro cyclists lives up??? Really, get a life!! Its a miserable end to a otherwise great day and If you enter cycle races purely for a goodie bag, then find another sport.

I wish the guys involved a speedy recovery.

The big question to all the moaners is whether they were directly affected by the incident. Did you' date=' or any of your direct friends, or family suffered injury because of this incident?  [/quote']

Yes.

Another question to all those who complain and condemn is whether they did anything directly and constructively by offering help or suggestion' date=' or is this just another opportunity to bitch and moan?
[/quote']

Email the organisers and tell them they should have had an ambulance at the finish?  I thought that this went without saying?  Doesn't it?

Maybe the organisers were worried that the ambulance would distract the cyclists.  Wink

When God made  the UCI' date=' it was given a set of rules, and over the years, the UCI has refined it into a very good document...providing indepth guidance to everyone involved in cycling....I wonder why organisers risk going sub-par on that doc, cos if they aim to match its suggestions as best as possible, the moto would have been somewhere else,  a static cam would have been employed, OR a separate lane provided, OR the mats could be shoved further away from the actual line? (Podium results are judged by the naked eye, and CSA sent a camera and operator for judging assistance....so the mats could have been much further away, or anywhere else...)

Soeedy recovery all - - I won't get into a debate here, but you may email info@cyclingsa.com for anything....
[/quote']

Hmm, pretty much says it all to me.!

porky2009-10-19 23:54:31