Don't s'pose anyone has a view on this?

Thyolo

In all major sporting countries' date=' the sport bodies are completely autonomous (independant of political will) and act on their own, in the best interests of the sport. They do not tolerate political intervention and say so.

[/quote']

really? So why did the australian government just step in and ban a cricket tour to zim?

You are confusing two seperate issues.

The Australian politicians do not meddle in the selection process which is done by the sporting body concerned totally independantly.

This was the issue in SA.

The Australian government has banned the tour protesting against the Mugabe government on the basis of the human rights abuse by the this government. and are also concerned about team safety, which is also an issue.They also offered 15mil to the official opposition.

The two issues are TOTALLY unrelated to each other and are seperate animals.

widget2007-05-15 08:10:37

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaches have always picked their favourites - Look no further than mallet dropping Gary Teichman to make way for skinstad.

Yip and now the dude is back, haven't played 80 mins of Super 12 Rugby the whole season.

I suppose Jake can't select the entire Bulls squad, but he seriously needs glasses man! Where is Pedri? Or Derick? Andre is playing the worst rugby of his career. In one game he knocks every ball that is passed to him. The next game he collects a few, but kicks horribly. Can we go to World Cup with such a flyhalf?

Derick was man of the match in the semi, automatic qualification, as far as I'm concerned

I agree, it must be haertbreaking for players working their asses off to achieve goals, only to be kicked under the arse because of nepotism and color issues.

Will this not influence their performance negatively? Derick, please, even if you are pissed off unbef**kinlievably, do it one more time on Saturday! 

Cricket issues between Aus and Zim are political because of recent history.

Zim cricket is obviously political to the point where they're better off playing rounders.

Aus has been out of favour with the Zim regime since 2002 when McKinnon(?) headed up the commonwealth team overseeing the tragic elections of that year and reported them as unfair.

Anything that happens against this back-drop becomes a political issue.

Guys, its quite simple........I say, in the spirit of 'transformation', I think Jake White should change his surname!!!Wink

Shaun, all I know is that Jake is going to get fired, sooner or later! I believe we have the talent to win World Cup. He can pick a side from the two teams playing tomorrow, and with proper coaching and the right captain, we will conquer.

if i was to speak my thoughts, they might put a age restriction on this forum.

so all im going to say is that this is really expected and really really sad at the same time!!!!

most of us live to watch good sport and it seems that will be taken away from us too!!!