Customer service - pha what a joke.

thehermanator

I'm from PE. Last time I was in JHB I was about to head over to the Subaru Sabie race. Went to Westdene to have some more sealant added to my wheels, very basic process.

Few minutes later there was sealant splattered all over the shop, as the one retard insisted he knew what he was doing (and not listen to me)... tried to inflate my tyre to like 80psi. BOOM. Tyre torn and wheel buckled beyond repair. They had to order a new AM Classic 350 rim, rebuild my wheel and have it sent back to PE a week or two later, at their expense.

Had to borrow someone's wheel to ride the race with the next day.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I told you where I get my bikes serviced.

And they are a lot closer to you.  

markStockton2009-10-21 05:38:34

I have only been to the CycleTech shop in Kyalami once to buy some lube and the guys were friendly and helpful. Can anybody comment on their ability to service a MTB? Would like to support them if I get no adverse response.

If I think of the same guys then yes, they are usually at events with their VW Caddy and nice setup to do some quick adjustments and fixes. If it is them then yes I recommend them, at least they know what they doing and they have great enthusiasm for this sort of thing. They are just so damn far out of my way, thats all. Confused <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I've not paid once for a service at my LBS and my bike is in awsome condition (FOR NOW) The owner has done a BG course by Specialized and even done my setup for free. Got my bar tape for free, even got my carbon bottle cages for free.  Small client base here in the states I suppose they make sure you come back. FYI the owner of the LBS here is not family. Great service.

I have only been to the CycleTech shop in Kyalami once to buy some lube and the guys were friendly and helpful. Can anybody comment on their ability to service a MTB? Would like to support them if I get no adverse response.

And you did the right thing ... if the LBS does not do what you ask and slap on extra goodies without your consent then they should either take it off at their expense or give it to you a negotiated price .. better yet for free .. smiley1.gif

Be clear RE your dissatisfaction and ensure that the LBS makes good to the works.

Hairy

Dude' date=' I told you where I get my bikes serviced.

And they are a lot closer to you.   [/quote']

Yes Mark I am a foolDead I know.

Hullo Sir. Where? The 5th Avenue Shoppe?

Nope, the one on 7de Laan.

Try Eagle Canyon Cycles on 011-795-4022. They have been great to me so far. Bikes always ready when they say it will be, no unexpected costs, and workmanship been fine.

Jono Waddell2009-10-21 05:48:37

Learn to service and maintain your bike yourself!! It really isn't rocket science' date=' really!!

Bottom line is NO ONE will ever take as good care of it or be as thorough as you are!!

And you save yourself a lot of money smiley1.gif [/quote']

So when is the next workshop?- I am so there Smile

Periodically Wayne at the MTN bike park runs courses, maybe give him a shout I think I read something about him doing one soon.

I went there a long time ago, so I can't comment on them now.

One rule for CycleTech:

- NEVER p*ss off Marco.

jmaccelari2009-10-21 05:54:08

Finish Line in Kempton Park

Others I'd like to try as they have great reps are:

Mikes Bikes in Greenside

Northcliff Cycles.