My new KH Mountain Uni

JohnnyReggae

Arranged a trade in on my old Qu-Ax Cross 24" for a new KH 24" Mountain Uni. It has already been on a ride, hence the dirt Wink Huge thanks to Alan at OddWheel Unicycles Thumbs%20Up

Parts

KH 24" 2009 Frame

KH 36 Hole 47mm Rim

KH 2009 Moment ISIS CrMo Hub

KH 125/150mm Moment Cranks (Dual Hole) - from my Qu-Ax uni

Jim Cielencki Odyssey Pedals - from my Qu-Ax uni

KH Forged Seatpost

Qu-Ax MUni Saddle (with custom Cow Skin cover)

Duro Wildlife 24"x3" Tyre

At around 2kg's..... yes 2kg's ... lighter than my Qu-Ax, the KH feels so nimble. Tackling any uphill is so much easier as I have more power-weight torque. Downhills and drops are a little trickier because the KH responds so much faster and also doesn't have the weight momentum to roll over roots and rocks as easily. Overall a great uni and so looking forward to bombing down more technical single tracks with it Smile

20091031_083114_SDC11296.JPG

20091031_083203_SDC11302.JPG

20091031_083330_SDC11303.JPG

I love the saddle!

That is a serious weight saving. Does it make a noticeable difference to your riding?

I love the saddle!

That is a serious weight saving. Does it make a noticeable difference to your riding?

The weight has definitely been very noticeable, more than I thought it would be. As for a difference to my riding.... hard to tell as I have only been on one ride with it so far. Looking forward to the Downhill event in Paarl this morning to see how it handles the larger drops.... I suspect that it will handle a lot better than I will Big%20smile .... definitely going to bring out all the protection gear for this one.

Where is the gears?? Nutter.  RESECT dude watched some of those video's on youtube you guys are freaking mal.Thumbs%20Up

Cheers ... thanks Smile

Would love to add a geared hub to my setup, but at around R12 000 for the hub alone.... I think I'll stick with the single speed. Besides the extra gear in the geared hub will be too much for the technical downhill stuff.

Where is the gears?? Nutter.  RESECT dude watched some of those video's on youtube you guys are freaking mal.Thumbs%20Up

Cheers ... thanks Smile

Would love to add a geared hub to my setup' date=' but at around R12 000 for the hub alone.... I think I'll stick with the single speed. Besides the extra gear in the geared hub will be too much for the technical downhill stuff.
[/quote']

You must post some of those wipeouts on the Fall thread you will be sure to get some more interest for your discipline over there.