Recovery drinks

colinw

Dischem never seems to have stock of the cytomoax recovery drink. Their staff has almost no knowledge of what a suitable alternative would be. I have tried wasp in the past which was quite nice but I always felt better taking the cytomax after a hard ride or workout. I ended up buying the biogen recovery drink (strawberry). I has a bitter after taste and left me feeling a little "under nourished". Its mostly a matter of personal taste but I waswondering what are the better drinks on the market. The biogen does have quite a high protein content 20g per serving but what are the key ingredients to look for when buying a recovery drink.

Thanks   

Jeez, also got me some of that Biogen recovery stuff - tropical. Man, they must have no tasters in their dept! Worst tasting experience I've had in a long time! Agreed, the high protein content was a big draw card for me as well there.

Recovermax (from Cytomax) is great, and tastes wonderfull... as is their Muscle Milk. If I see a tub, I'll grab it - I'm done shopping around for recovery drinks! Usually available at Canal Walk - but that don't help you much!

I've been using the Whasp Chocolate. Not only is it super tasty (like the old Woolies milkshakes that came in a cardboard box) but seems to help loads. Also, with the small amount of water needed to blend the powder, leaves enough space in the stomach to drink water on its own after.

Perhaps Cytomax should hook up with Sportbru, that way you can order and have it delivered to your door.

Sportron has a great one (felt totally recovered after having it post Shova and I had a suck Shova due to technical difficulties of the kidneys) and I believe that the USN one is not too bad either.

I  Use the USN recover max, it works well and the choc flavour taste damb good after a race. Iron2009-11-09 06:29:48

Dischem never seems to have stock of the cytomoax recovery drink. Their staff has almost no knowledge of what a suitable alternative would be. I have tried wasp in the past which was quite nice but I always felt better taking the cytomax after a hard ride or workout. I ended up buying the biogen recovery drink (strawberry). I has a bitter after taste and left me feeling a little "under nourished". Its mostly a matter of personal taste but I waswondering what are the better drinks on the market. The biogen does have quite a high protein content 20g per serving but what are the key ingredients to look for when buying a recovery drink.

Thanks   

I know I may be in Cape Town, But I can still get any product for you.

It is cheaper than buying at Dis-Chem.WinkWinkWink

Have a look at my thread on (For Sale), Cytomax, special on till end of November, dirt cheap.

David 

Jeez' date=' also got me some of that Biogen recovery stuff - tropical. Man, they must have no tasters in their dept! Worst tasting experience I've had in a long time! Agreed, the high protein content was a big draw card for me as well there.

Recovermax (from Cytomax) is great, and tastes wonderfull... as is their Muscle Milk. If I see a tub, I'll grab it - I'm done shopping around for recovery drinks! Usually available at Canal Walk - but that don't help you much!
[/quote']

Sea Bee

give me a PM, my special on Cytomax ends end of November. My prices are always cheaper than anywhere else.LOLLOLLOL 

Best Recovery = Mule ReFuel bar - it tastes great and it works!

It has no added nasty stuff either - all natural!

The only thing that diff in recovery drink to normal race drink is that the recovery drink contains glutamine and protein (whey) and if its really classy it would contain some msm as well. To save lots of money on a recovery product just take your normal carb drink and add the protein (20% of the carb content of your normal sports drink); 5g of glutamine and 1 teaspoon of msm. This is asuming that you have glutamine and whey in your cupboard like any athlete should. Buy msm at a health store, its dirt cheap and really assist with recovery