Got drenched at the Tour de Vino

Bram_on_Madone

Anybody else get drenched at the Tour de Vino yesterday?  At least I know after 3 1/2 hours of freezing and sliding over rail way tracks that nobody can call us sissies!

sissies keep on complaining about the cold and rain, it was just a minor inconveniance and made it more of a challenge and the hot shower afterwards was the best i ever had.

sissies keep on complaining about the cold and rain' date=' it was just a minor inconveniance and made it more of a challenge and the hot shower afterwards was the best i ever had.[/quote']

I still want to complain.Angry

No one told me to take showering kit, I cycle to the race. You can not still expect me to come prepared for a shower after the race.

I cheated and had my shower during the race.LOLLOLLOL  

Guest colonel

sissies keep on complaining about the cold and rain' date=' it was just a minor inconveniance and made it more of a challenge and the hot shower afterwards was the best i ever had.[/quote']

Are you talking about the Afripex showers? If so I also had one in those and it rocked I was so impressed with them.

Are you talking about the Afripex showers? If so I also had one in those and it rocked I was so impressed with them.

Bet you had to jump around to get wet LOL

no way, shower @ home

I also enjoyed the challenged' date=' but I guess I'm a bit of a sissie, cause my hands were bloody freezing![/quote']

freezing hands didn't bother me cause i couldn't feel them

Guest colonel

Bet you had to jump around to get wet LOL

True but it was still a good shower.Wink

@colonel How was the break? I tried to help your team out but we couldn't catch you. Bleak to see there were so many of you that got away.

Anybody know where the pics are? There are hardly any on torquepics. Maybe Ronelle called in her one race grace Smile

Guest colonel

Hey Luke, You shoulda worked harder!! Tthe break was ok until a few hard attacks, there were 10 of us that got away and with about 20km to go it split again with 3 upfront. 1 loner, another loner and then 4 of us rolled in. I didnt contribute cause of Shan not being there and having pink.

@colonel How was the break? I tried to help your team out but we couldn't catch you. Bleak to see there were so many of you that got away.

20091111_003107_VINO0237-1.JPG

@lukehardiman - i will try my best to upload today.

@BMCFan - thank you VERY much for your towel!!

Note that Ronelle did not complain about getting wet... Think she used an Umbrella!!!!!!

One can take an umbrella on a bike?? Shocked I'll try that next year!

At the risk of being flamed for posting pics in a non-pic thread -- i think this one pretty much gives a summary of what it was like out there --all drenched - some enjoyed it (!!), some just put their heads down, and some were pretty miserable.

20091111_005529_VINO0238.JPG