On One Scandal 29er SS

SteveS

Hi here is my new On One Scandal 29er Single speed in British racing green.

20091112_024847_056_Medium.jpg

Check out the Back disc brake setup!

20091112_025955_057_Medium.jpg

Another Angle

20091112_030104_061_Medium.jpg

Took it for a ride Yesterday and the ride is awsome. For the weight weenies the bike weighs 9.6 Kg. My favourite part is the custom wheels built up by Johan Bornman.

I think these Scandal frames are awsome value for money.Big%20smile

Hi Noche

For a few reasons:

1. Mostly ride the Braamfontein Spruit with it so no real need for a front shock

2. The 2.25 29er wheels at 1.8 bar give quite a bit of suspension.

3. Single speed =  alot of standing when going up hills and therefore with a suspension fork you tend to bob alot.

4. The cost. It is only R2000 versus R 6000 for a good quality suspension fork. 

5. The weight. It only weighs 0.85Kg

6. And yes it looks cool

Thanks Goldmember.

The handling is much better than I anticpated. It definately rolls better than a 26" and climbing is easier because you don't lose as much momentum when going over obstacles.

Excellent, going to visiting Kiwi again.....I have a blue 456 26" with my name on it but going to run it geared with your old fork.

Thug, I decided on Shimano SLX hubs. They are really good value for money and actually lighter than XT hubs.

No Tubes ZTR355. The wheels weigh 1.8kg with valves and rim tape 

Now that's light for a set of 29er wheels (my wheels weight around 2kg with Hop Hubs and Velocity Rims and my On-One wheels weigh in at almost 2.3kg)

The secret is the No tubes rims that only weigh 0.41kg and can be converted to tubeless by just using Stans yellow spoke tape that weighs 5gram per wheel. If you use Shimano XTR hubs with the same configuration that I currently have you can get the wheels down to 1.65kg

It was done by Eagle canyon cycles, but I was there when they did it. If you look at the second photo (close up of brake) you can just loosen those allen bolts and move the caliper to line up.