Bosal Bike racks

Moab

Was pleasantly to see at the expo that Bosal makes a bike rack similar to the thule ones and marginally cheaper.

saw a add for them in the new Bicycling. what is the price of them compaired to thule(for the two bike rack that fits in the towbar)?

If your vehicle is under warranty fit an approved towbar mountained bike rack, believe it or not you can void your warranty if it's not approved.

The normal sale price (non-expo price) is something like R2300. Not too bad and defintely an investment I want to make sometime next year.

Interesting one this' date=' now pics as yet ?  [/quote']

Sadly not! As yet the website doesnt have them on there - and I was too dof not to get a flier. Perhaps if anyone is going to the expo they can get one and scan it for us? Otherwise I will go tomorrow and get one and post on Monday.

Sadly not! As yet the website doesnt have them on there - and I was too dof not to get a flier. Perhaps if anyone is going to the expo they can get one and scan it for us? Otherwise I will go tomorrow and get one and post on Monday.

So you took the HP sauce but not any pics of the rack.  At least you have your priorities right Wink

So you took the HP sauce but not any pics of the rack.  At least you have your priorities right Wink

LOL Yup but I am still protesting not getting the pre-race instruction thing. I promise to go back and protest tomorrow and get us pics (and maybe my chutney and some HP for you guys!). Wonder if Bosal will sponsor me one of them racks?? Hmmm

• 4 months later...

The Bosal rack has to many moving parts...looks neat but I doubt that it will last. ATERA ?

Anybody in CT know where to fit a cheap towbar?? Want to get one done so i can stop scratching my car's paint with the holdfast stuff.

I got me one of these and they are nice. Does anyone know if they can connect your reverse light through the tow plug?

I got the cheapest deal for a towbar at supa quik i think it is at the end of montagu drive (Closest corner to century city)

Bike carrier likes

-Folds up and can be placed in boot or in tent without being in the way

-comes with bag so when folded up is very neat

-locks up pretty well

-stable and quiet

-bright lights (Fog and reverse lights are there)

-the electrical plug has the fitting for advanced vehicles

Dislikes

-number plate doesnt fit. (You need to get the backing plate with rivets on all bike racks anyway)

-heavier than Thule

Nobody2010-03-16 11:27:22

• 6 months later...

Is anyone useing one of these? Are they all that they are cracked up to be? They seem to be way cheaper then the Thules from prices that Im seeing(what prices are they actually going for). Are they worth the money or do I rather save & wait to get a Thule? Second hand Thule's are still more expensive but are as rare as rocking horse shite :lol:

As above, I use one.

Still think its fantstic.

Sits on my car 90% of the time and I take it off for car washes now and then.

I took some pics and put them on one of the other posts so just do a search.