Erik Zabel admits to doping!

Christie

Wow, here is the trend, cyclist wants to retire (but team contract and obligations prevent him). Call a press conference and say, "Long Long time ago, when I was a somebody, but was young Niave and impressionable (in those days everyone did it), I used EPO (before it was really banned) as a recreational drug and did not like the effects".

Boom, end of contract, end of career and he rides off in his porsche into the sunset. As a result of the adimission (which cannot be proven/disproven because of lack of evidence) he has bought amnesty from future digging in his past.

How must this look to sponsors' date=' not only T-Mobile but of other teams? I think a lot of money will be leaving the sport on the back of the latest series of doping revelations. [/quote']

I see Wiesenhoff is the first to leave Unhappy

Wiesenhof stops sponsorship at end of year

Team Wiesenhof will have to look for a new title sponsor. The sponsor firm Gruppe Wiesenhof announced Thursday that it would end its engagement as of the end of this year.

"The current conditions and developments in professional cycling have brought us to this step," said Peter Wesjohann, a member of the company's board of directors.

ORCA2007-05-25 02:45:47

What happens to Erik's green jerseys and other accolades in the time. Real pity, seems like a nice bloke. Would have thought this is his last season as a pro, could have probably shut up and gracefully retired at the end of the year instead of becoming part of this mess.

Well done for coming clean wolverine2007-05-25 02:42:47

Well done for coming clean

coming clean? what? he admitted he doped only doped on one occasion in 1996. surely that's not it!!  that's liek cheating on your partner without end and then all you admit is "i kissed that guy/girl once".

TheLegend2007-05-25 02:45:04

die hele telekom team kom uit en se hulle het gedope!!

Lancelot is dit Telecom  Lance het sy kanker behandeling gebruik om agter te skuil as ek gedope het sal ek darem F*^kk$#N stupid wees as ek erken dat ek wel gedoen het' date=' dis net so goed om te erken dat jy by jou niggie geleer vry het, maar dit  doen jy nie

Ek weet nie maar ek wonder wat is basso se volgende storie, i was drunk and i don't know what i took
[/quote'] No man, Basso's story will be it all belongs to his grandmother and she injected him while he was sleepingLOL

Nah

It's all the d@mn aliens' fault with all the experiments on humansWink
wolverine2007-05-25 02:45:01

If they had a structured doping program that far back, they could still have one?

I wonder if T-Mobile will be allowed to ride the TDF this year.