It's time for Dual Suspention

knievel

I've been riding Trek 4500 for the past 4 years and i have loved every minute but i really think it's time for me to move over to a dual susp bike.

Im looking for something that is reasonably light, reasonably well spec'd and not too expensive.

What do you suggest?

Take into account I'm not the lightest cyclist on the block at 96kg's and i mostly ride the spruit, northern farms, and any other local riding spots. 

What is "not too expensive"?. You're gonna pay for "reasonably well spec'd" and "reasonably light" parts.

What happened that triggered the feeling that it is time for a FS?

Recently went through the same excercise.

Quite a confusing world out there. I settled on a 2009 giant anthem x1 and am thrilled with it although i am perhaps not well qualified to advise as i have not ridden that many different bikes.

I got mine new for R23k which appeared to be a good deal at the time although i am not sure what you intend to spend.

I am 87kg so not sure what the design limits are on the anthems.

good luck and have fun choosing.

i would love one of those but im not wanting to spend much over R15 000 and i don't even have that! ha ha

For now Im just seeing what i should be looking at and maybe even looking at something second hand!

i would love one of those but im not wanting to spend much over R15 000 and i don't even have that! ha ha

For now Im just seeing what i should be looking at and maybe even looking at something second hand!

At that price stick to the hard tail. Full suss bikes in that range are heavy 14 kg plus beasts.

An Anthem or a GT Sensor are good, light, well specced bikes that will easily carry you but you are looking at around 20 - 30 k for one of those.