Double Century

rory21

So... any last minute advise for a 1st timer DC rider.

I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.

2. Shammy cream

I have some at home that I got when I bought my shorts but have never used it? Do you put it directly onto the chamois or onto your gooch?

2. Shammy cream

I have some at home that I got when I bought my shorts but have never used it? Do you put it directly onto the chamois or onto your gooch?

A personal choice indeed.  I prefer to apply it directly to the sensitive areas. A nice fat glob on each side between leg and goolies do just fine for me.  Remember, no double dipping if you are sharing the pot with someone else!

2. Shammy cream

Lather your undercarriage.

Generously.

2. Shammy cream

I put it on the chamois

Lather your undercarriage.

Generously.]

That's what used I do, but then after half an hour I was too tired to go cycling anymore. Now I apply it directly to the shammy.

Ai, julle doppies :-)

Smeer dit aan die "diff" en dan maak jy jou vingers skoon met die shammy.

So, altwee plekke kry juice.

Lekker ry.. En onthou die Time Trail (KOM) is van onder tot bo-op Tradouws en julle beter teen daai bult opjaag. :-)

En nog 'n ding, moet nou nie stupid wees om van Tradouw's na Montague te jaag so hard as jy kan, ons weet dis afdraand, van Robertson terug Swellendam toe is 'n klomp nasties !!

Oom Pops

Aan jou diff, nie die diff nie!

Gaan jy heeltyd voorsit, soos in funrides(G-H groep)?

Vir watte span trek jy en hoelaat begin julle?

More dogter :-)

ek gaan saam Reeds ouens ry. Ons gaan dit net vir epic training doen, so ons is op die dukwiele.

groet as jy verby kom, en gee maar slip as jy sien ek lyk flou :-)

One of the most important things is your nutrition in the first half of the race.  In a normal 80 ? 100k fun ride it is not a train smash if you forget to eat & drink regularly.  You may battle over the last few kilometres and your ?sprint? to the line may be under average, but you will survive on your reserves.  With the double century, what you put in on the first 100k, is going to have a big impact on your performance over the second half of the race.  If you hit the wall at 150k it is too late and it is going to be a long struggle home.

So remember to eat regularly from the first hour of the race and enjoy.  It is a great event and very different thanks to the team camaraderie

Breathe!! Eat and drink regulary and do not forget the suncream. Shammy cream is for softies. Grow a beard but do not forget the suncream!