Barloworld: On Supercycling

Orbeadc

If any company has got the money to sponsor such a team again it would be Bidvest. They own Konika Minolta in SA so they are involved already. And when TBW started they said that they will be using the Minolta team to feed TBW.

Barloworld is not dropping SA cycling if you listened' date='

[/quote']

I didn't listen... I couldn't.... My screen isn't connected to any broadcast service. Sorry.

No pun intended TNT1

If any company has got the money to sponsor such a team again it would be Bidvest. They own Konika Minolta in SA so they are involved already. And when TBW started they said that they will be using the Minolta team to feed TBW.

Is it really about the cash or comitment?? I know it's dam expensive to sponsor a team such as Barloworld, but even they did the impossible on their bugdet.

And when TBW started they said that they will be using the Minolta team to feed TBW.

Not "they"... JR said that...

And when TBW started they said that they will be using the Minolta team to feed TBW.

JR from DALLAS??LOL

JR from DALLAS??LOL

Sorry, no, JR from Springs actually.... He was even a member here for a brief moment...

Guest colonel

No JR said that and the only reason was cause he owned/managed Minolta and then went on to manage TBW at the beginning. Now it looks like he has no team atall men or ladies for 2010.

Was amazing to see the whole team pacing on the final day of the TDF for Hunter, still one of my best memories of the TDF.That must have been unbelievably hard for a small team like them to do.......most riders don't even have the legs or the motivation to stick with the peloton at that speed after 3 hard weeks of racing!!!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Good riddance.  Anyone know what Corti's going to do?  Hope he doesn't find another team.

No JR said that and the only reason was cause he owned/managed Minolta and then went on to manage TBW at the beginning. Now it looks like he has no team atall men or ladies for 2010.

The mens team is stopping but they putting all the money into the woman's team....Cherise, Jenny, Jade, Arien, Yolandi, Corbett, some other girl I forgot her name and 2xinternational riders....will be a continental team....so the rumours go.

Guest colonel

The mens team is stopping but they putting all the money into the woman's team....Cherise' date=' Jenny, Jade, Arien, Yolandi, Corbett, some other girl I forgot her name and 2xinternational riders....will be a continental team....so the rumours go.
[/quote']

I heard another nasty story about money being owed and no licence being issued.

I hope not cause the girls will be in trouble.