Die Burger - traffic & Racetec

PeterM

Come on guys!!! This is easy... the timing mats in the beginning is just to register that you're starting in that specific group. A no-brainer...

After crossing the mats you're normally waiting a minute or so before you actually start from which time your race time will be measured.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fact that we got a 1 page guideline re: approaching the venue and parking was warning enough that there would be traffic congestion. We were going to approach via Durbanville and then on the morning decided to chance it and take the N1 and so it was our own fault we got stuck in traffic! <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We arrived late 07H45ish and actually got a parking INSIDE the venue because so many people panicked and parked 5km away.

WRT timing. I started in a later group (group S) and have just checked on racetec and that is the group I was timed with... 

All in all I don?t think there was anything the organizers could of done much better considering it was a temporary venue while the roadwork?s go on in stellies, at least they did move it because that would of been a nightmare!

And enough of the negative could you of asked for more perfect weather!!?

Some Feedback:

When I phoned racetec during the late morning regarding my Die Burger race timing / start group - they did a few checks on their PC and then said that "it's fine, your race time will be adjusted to show that your start group is P (and not the seeded G start group). And it will show the adjusted time after the IT re-run sometime during this week".

So that seemed quite painless - will check my time during the week and hope that the race time is adjusted accordingly.

Wake up earlier; leave earlier; get there earlier. Sleep for awhile in your car....an old runners trick....geeez cyclists are a bunch of p~ssys !!! Like I said, in another post, I though it was a really well organised event IMO.

Stoppie Lorrie.

YOU HAVE 5 ROADS LEADING INTO THE NELSON CREEKS AREA.

Malmesbury turnoff

1) Right at the Fruit seller 4 way

2) One higher up at the Silo's (bit of Gravel)

3) The one right onto the Landbou Skool

The R45 towards Wellington

The road from Paarl towards Wellington

SO, Hou op *** en kerm, gebruik van jou "Hub"" tyd en kyk die roete op 'n vrydag sodat jy weet watse opsies jy het.

As hulle nou die Burger cancel oor julle *** en kerm, dan kerm julle seker daaroor ook.

Nie juis dat ons honderde races het om van te kies.

word wakker.

Yep, That is why I was asking questions on friday.

I came down N7, through philies, up towards malmesbery and then on the race road down to the venue.

I parked at the upper parking when I saw the traffic.

Popeye, you were a machine again yesterday!

Where did you come?

I fell off on the hill Ouch

I stayed with the front guys, got some VB's I think and others , one group to the Line.

I tried to get away on that second last hill, hoped that some 5 guys came with, but my legs was not good enough, the bunch caught me on the downhill. I also think that they would not allow me to slip away, they were watching me.

I than sit in the bunch, and did not sprint.

Just before the last hill I asked the guys to concentrate and that we are going to get the big downhill and to be carefull, the front guys in our bunch actually lean against each other, going over the mat. Almost a big crash, but they kept it up right.

I sukkel a bit on Bosmanskop, maybe its some DC legs as well as riding the day before (with Fanie) to get my number and cycle yesterday from B'Fell to the event as well. So, all in all, I'm happy that I started in B.

On Bosmanskop, about 10 guys got away, but we close the gap quickly on the other side leading into Malmesbury. Was very impressed with the girl who sat with us in the first 5, as well as 3 to 4 other guys who also helped a lot. The guy on the black and white cervelo, the Ironman guy, and the guys with the black and green kit, as well as those 2 youngsters who hang around in the front (ceres laaitie)

I think I saw you, that grey kit with the red?

Oh, and than after the race, I cycle back home as well, :-)

All in all, I did 176km yesterday

popeye2009-11-30 08:11:31

Some Feedback:

When I phoned racetec during the late morning regarding my Die Burger race timing / start group - they did a few checks on their PC and then said that "it's fine' date=' your race time will be adjusted to show that your start group is P (and not the seeded G start group). And it will show the adjusted time after the IT re-run sometime during this week".

So that seemed quite painless - will check my time during the week and hope that the race time is adjusted accordingly.
[/quote']

So we can all breath a sigh of relief! Wink

This is the normal way they do things, and I have always found Racetec

to be VERY helpful in sorting these issues out.

Now, if you had been up in Gauties and timed by CC they would have

told you to **** off...

I stayed with the front guys' date=' got some VB's I think and others , one group to the Line.

I tried to get away on that second last hill, hoped that some 5 guys came with, but my legs was not good enough, the bunch caught me on the downhill. I also think that they would not allow me to slip away, they were watching me.

I than sit in the bunch, and did not sprint.

Just before the last hill I asked the guys to concentrate and that we are going to get the big downhill and to be carefull, the front guys in our bunch actually lean against each other, going over the mat. Almost a big crash, but they kept it up right.

I sukkel a bit on Bosmanskop, maybe its some DC legs as well as riding the day before (with Fanie) to get my number and cycle yesterday from B'Fell to the event as well. So, all in all, I'm happy that I started in B.

On Bosmanskop, about 10 guys got away, but we close the gap quickly on the other side leading into Malmesbury. Was very impressed with the girl who sat with us in the first 5, as well as 3 to 4 other guys who also helped a lot. The guy on the black and white cervelo, the Ironman guy, and the guys with the black and green kit, as well as those 2 youngsters who hang around in the front (ceres laaitie)

I think I saw you, that grey kit with the red?

Oh, and than after the race, I cycle back home as well, :-)

All in all, I did 176km yesterday

[/quote']

Yep, that was me in the Bridgestone kit & the seaweed green raleigh rc9000 LOL

. I was also riding with you in the front at the durbanville high school race. Except I probably looked dead then (because I had tonsilites)

You did very well! What a machine!

I was very disapointed to fall off on the hill, I do well on the rollers, so what a pity.

Im sure it must be the DC biting us as well. I mean that heat alone must have zapped major stamina from us.

Flip, guys can be really silly in the sprints sometimes. One small mistake and everyone goes down and out for a month.

Im glad they kept it upright.

Are you training for epic? Were you doing DC on MTB's?

Well done again!

Woofie2009-11-30 08:27:39

Dont waste time asking them for anything. If complain about ur seeding being wrong PPA forward ur complaint to one or other prick at racetec. Been asking since July to pls correct my seeding but guess what...........F...all happens

I emailed PPA and Racetec and showed them my results with some statistical perspective. They bumped me from an N to an F and now i'm exactly where i need to be.

Firstly: Yes, you can asked PPA to ""upseed"" you to the correct seeding, (without that mandatory 3 race rubbish)

I know off a couple of Hubbers who got higher seedings just after the Durbanville ride .

The PPA also wants the riders in the correct groups, but dont take changes, they can estimate on your results.

The PPA knows that having strong riders down in the groups causes the snowball of becoming a big group towards the end of a race, so, if you deserve to get a higher seeding, send them a e-mail and tell them why .

Woofie, yes, I did the DC with the Reeds MTB group (most of them belongs to the www.grannygear.co.za club).

Do you think if i as PPA they can tell me where all the money has gone?With over half/mil in entry fees plus whatever the sponsers had to put in they got a nice kitty.NO prisemoney,NO luckydraw,EXPIRED goodibags.So where did all the money go.Someone lined their pocket,who was it?

good point s/bean -- i would also love to know!!!!!!!!!!! but, if we complain we are a bunch of !#@ - so i have just decided - listen to my fellow rides AND DONT DO DIE BURGER!!!