Big up to John 'O Connor Cycles

mataz

I'm sure the Cape Town guys are familiar with John 'O Connor cycles - the relatively new shop that has opened in Mouille Point.  Well, I feel that as a new shop they need all the support they can get, so I would like to put out a VERY positive word for them... Clap

One is always a bit sceptical when trying out a new shop, but after the recent service I'd received from another shop in Cape Town I needed to regain my faith in bike mechanics so thought I'd give the new guys a try.

I took my road bike in to have everything rectified from the last "service" I'd had done, as well as my mtb shock for a service.  Within an hour or two they had called me back with a quote and a time that I could come and collect both my bikes.  As it turns out they were slightly delayed, but I was kept informed the whole time and when I received them back it was like riding two new bikes, so I was suitably impressed.

I then took my road bike in to have my bars changed to my tt setup for tri season, and within two hours they'd called to say it was done, and I could collect.  On collecting I was again pleasantly surprised  because they'd very kindly done a full service of the bike (just because they weren't busy) and for which I wasnt charged, and again, the workmanship is excellent.

To sum it all up, thanks John, you run a really professional shop and have definitely gained a loyal new customer due to the friendly, efficient, and hassle free service I've received.

Guys, if you are looking for a good shop, that is conveniently situated for us who live in town, I'd recommend these guys any day! Clap

Well, I didn't expect anything less from John.  He was the backbone of Willie E's shop and was always very helpful and friendly in his quiet way.  Great to hear he is keeping up the good work at his own shop!

I just hope that those service levels continue. All to often a new shop has fantastic service in the beginning but as they get busier etc the service drops. If they can keep it up then the are already most of the way to being successful!

Next to Pepenero Restaurant, sort of opposite Wakame and Newport, in the place where Sundance used to be...

Next to Pepenero Restaurant' date=' sort of opposite Wakame and Newport, in the place where Sundance used to be...[/quote']

great, thanks......

anyone know where Pepenero is, or Wakame......or Newport even? smiley4.gif

Guest Frail4Life

Next to Pepenero Restaurant' date=' sort of opposite Wakame and Newport, in the place where Sundance used to be...[/quote']

great, thanks......

anyone know where Pepenero is, or Wakame......or Newport even? smiley4.gif

Travelling on Beach road from Waterfront shopping centre, towards Sea Point. Towards Mouille Point lighthouse, at the pedestrian crossing on the left is small parking area.

David

Looks like a nice shop. Just wish it was open on Sundays between 10am and 12pm because our club has a coffee ride that starts and ends at Newport (and a few other clubs/private riders). Especially in winter when we have had up to 40 riders there. Would be nice to pop in while our bike problems are still fresh in our minds.

I used to drive all the way to Durbanville to go buy tubes and GU from John. I'm really glad he is on my doorstep now. Will continue to support!

• 1 month later...

Nice one John!

Always friendly, helpful and a keen cyclist. I used to hate Willie E's superior attitude and infact stopped going there.

John well done and all the best for the future!

I can report back that they were R300.00 cheaper (about 20%) than anothere well known cycle establishent.

Great service....