greeting etiquette

geoffro

Guest Agteros

I still maintain that throwing something works best.

It sure does get their attention! Unlike lifting a finger / nodding in greeting LOL

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now.. the throwing of arbitary objects at other riders is worthy of inspection.  Do you choose to throw branded or unbranded objects?  If the missiles in question are branded, do they represent the more expensive - and therefore obviously better - aspects of the roadie experiance?  Or do you simply toss any flotsam or jetsum in the general direction of anyone who dares not to acknowlage your existance? Of course we all crave to be recognized but sometimes the simple fact of the matter is that no one actually cares about the other objects on the road anymore than cheeta woods cares about remaining faithfull. Rise above the banal and throw only the most expensive items.  Aim for the head.  Always try not to damge the other riders bike.firewolf2009-12-14 09:33:47

I greet everyone I pass or get passed by. Well at least I try.

If your are female and HOT and I didn't greet you, it could have been that I lost my breath when I saw you Wink

now we are - in the words of style man - in the rarified air of the male who has the gift of the tounge - ie he is a cunning linguist.  and as an ultimate hubber clearly a man, or woman for that matter, of some influence.  I hope to one day be able to race against this worthy person.  And if no racing opportunities present themselves perhaps we can discuss over a case or two or beer.

Passed two of my clubs' group rides the other day. I was not in club kit and I certainly dont expect them to recognise me. Greeted both groups and only one person greeted back... Friendly club!

i used to ride for a - actually I paid money to advertise ride in this bike shops kit - and the same thing would happen every time I rode without club kit on.  no greetings. no nothing. so it stands to reason that the best kit is your own kit and the best club is actually the one that was formed when we were ten and we had a local BMX gang!  Now those were the days of true style.

in the most cynical of ways ... do you greet everyone you walk pass ?do you wave hello to other people in cars ?not all cyclists are friendly' date=' some are downright rude!. Runners are the most friendly. I greet everyone on my bike (mtn or road) I even say yello to taxi divers LOL

[/quote']

hey slow one... you do more than greet. your provide tea and croissants at 6am...

Shocked, that was supposed to be a secret. Now everyone is going to want to come on the rides.

like all mere mortals, the thought of a nice hot cup of coffee and a jam filled french pastry at the ungodly hours that roadies keep will always keep any chance of winning the race far from becoming a reality. no one who wins a race will ever stop. for anything. ever.  even peeing becomes a throw it over the side of a leg and make the bake markers go around. and if they dare to object... well i wont so.  if you r in the front you are a god.  greet of do not greet.  but try not to pee on your opponants?

Firewolf, I agree, with club memberships coming up for renewal, I'm thinking, should I renew with this Super Friendly Club?