KEEP LEFT

vinylguy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaha.... not crazies... just want go get a opinion if im alone on people not sticking left...thought it was a general rule of the road no matter what...oh well seems im alone :) :) hahaha

On a fire road it is reasonable to expect riders going in the same direction to keep left.

however there is no single file rule on fire roads in plantations. Only the IMBA trail ethos.

On gravel roads, managed by the Dept of Roads and Works, there the rules of the road as it pertains to cyclists must be adhered to.

In trail centres, plantations, the IMBA trail ethos rules.

I think that there are two very different situations, trail riding and racing.

When riding (training) the I think yielding as soon as you can is the right thing to do

When racing, the guy in the front (riding) chooses the line. If he/she is gracious enough to allow me past, then I will be grateful but I have no right of way.

What is also nonsense is when it's single track and some plonker approaching you thinks he doesn't have to yeild the path (common place on the spruit) or you yeild the path to your left & they yeild to their right--coming straight towards you...

It's not rocket science!!!