Assh*l* Cycling Ambassadors

Christopher Brunsdon

I dont know why hubbers constantly look for opportunities to get hot under the collar and aggressive?? Some things cannot be changed, let it be? Look after yourself, your family and your mates, that's manageable. Governments cant control societies successfully the world over, what makes you think you can create wholesale change amongst cyclists? Too much testosterone, image, attitude and ego to have to overcome in forcing the helmet issue. Let those who know better learn the hard way. This argument is boring and pointless and will be raging on for generations to come, as is the riding two abreast argument for that matter!! Do you all really give a damn about these idiots anyway? I know i dont....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frail4Life

Plain and SIMPLE.

You wear a Helmet, you do not just save your head you also save your ass from jail.

You do not wear a helmet, your head gets pulped, I got to go to your funeral and look at your children.

Plain and SIMPLE.
You wear a Helmet' date=' you do not just save your head you also save your ass from jail.

You do not wear a helmet, your head gets pulped, I got to go to your funeral and look at your children. [/quote']

Plain and simply wrong, you wont go to jail for not wearing a helmet, so why misinform?

You're not invited to my funeral and my kids are told to stay away from you.

Helmets are good to wear.

Durban skater dies in freak accident

December 28, 2009 Edition 1 (Natal Mercury)

YUSUF MOOLLA

A FREAK accident claimed the life of a young Durban man during a fun night out at the weekend.

Oliver Bray, 21, a keen BMX rider and skateboarder, and two friends were skateboarding down a hill along Kingsmead Drive, Westville, late on Saturday night when he fell from his skateboard while negotiating a bend. Bray, of Manor Gardens, hit his head on the pavement, severely injuring himself. He was declared dead at the scene by Netcare911 paramedics.

Bryce Louw said last night he was still numb at the loss of a friend of many years.

He said Bray had been an avid BMX rider for several years and had taken up skateboarding recently. The creative former pupil of Westville Boys' High had also taken to designing and building his own skateboards.

I cant help but wonder if this youngster was wearing a helmet, and if not....how different this story would of been if he did????

MarkU2009-12-29 10:55:18

Correct! Trying to change the perceptions and moaning about the same thing constantly is boring...... These articles are concrete, no bullsh*t evidence that helmets can be the difference between life and death. Rather post these articles when you come across them, they convey a stronger warning of the consequences than any whyning does.

Many cyclists of all ages have been breaking the law, by not wearing

their helmets as required by the National Road Traffic Act, 1993(Act

No.93 of 1996).

Correct! Trying to change the perceptions and moaning about the same thing constantly is boring...... These?articles are concrete' date=' no bullsh*t evidence that helmets can be the difference between life and death. Rather post these articles when you come across them, they convey a stronger warning of the consequences than any whyning does.[/quote']

But you are speculating as to whether he wore a helmet or not ?

Well not quite so concrete then.

Regardless though, you need to read what Joe Low and myself and some others said in this thread, now WHINING from us, as we/I said, we can't force people to wear their helmets.

I whined about the three clowns hogging a lonely dirt road and this has squat to do with riding three a breast, but simply has to do with total carelessness and dis-respect for others.

Problem with this argument is that is aimed at the leaisure cyclists. You forget we share the road with massive amounts of cyclists from townships, riding their rickety dikwiele to work and back. Most of them cannot afford helmets, and to enforce the law would put a massive strain on this already challenged group of cyclists.

One of the greater sources of injustice is when the law is enforced without reason.