Ksyrium SL’s vs. American classic 420

Which is the better wheel, I was thinking of trading in my SL's for the AC 420's, but the feedback sofar is that it will be a step down. Any opinions?

Speak to BikeMax about a set fo Reynolds Alta's then rather. I tried a set and couldn't break them. 1.5kg's, nice deepish rim and strong as all hell. I couldn't ride AM Classics OR Krysiums due to my larger than normal 'boerseun build' as Marius puts it smileys/smiley36.gif

The Reynolds Alta's really impressed me.

No way, AC's are great, they get the smileys/smiley20.gif from me.

I've change from shimano to AC as my racing weels, smileys/smiley20.gif

Just one thing, do your homework, when they say weight limit they mean it!

I can also ride with AMC 420 as racing wheels and cannot complain. But then I'm only 53kg's. I won't break them....smileys/smiley2.gif

Which is the better wheel' date=' I was thinking of trading in my SL's for the AC 420's, but the feedback sofar is that it will be a step down. Any opinions?[/quote']

As FC says the Alta is a great wheel and IMO better than both. I would rather the AC than the Ksyriums but the Ksyriums are stronger for sure.

I also ride the 420 AC?s , have the one?s with the bladed spokes. If you are a bit bigger get the one?s without the bladed spokes, it?ll be stronger (I?ve read). I weigh in at 74kg?s and when I bunny hop now and again the wheels ?flex?.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I?ve broken 3spokes but it only broke after hitting big holes, so since I?ve bought the bike, that?s how long now, 5months?? Not happy with the Spokes and not happy with the Nipples, I?ve already saw a few has disintegrated. But other than that it?s a nice affordable lightweight wheel set. I?ll only trade them in for a pair of Carbon deep sections.