speedometers

Zula

so after going through 3 specialized speedos, I have realised that they are of a rubish quality. The buttons seize up with the slightest hint of mud.

So basically im looking for a new one which I can alternate between the road bike and the mtb. I currently have cadence on my road bike and would like to keep it as well. Also I have a polar F6 so not sure if im so keen on a new fancy polar.

Any suggestions???

noche, there was a bloke selling a blackburn 5 on here for R700. Flippen good buy and should solve your problems.

If you already have a polar f6, buy it from him and I will buy the heart rate strap from you for R300 bucks then the unit will only cost you R500 ?Smile

Slowbee2010-01-09 12:41:18

hey slowbee would'nbt that make it 400 bucks??

Dont you wanna take the F6 and the strap off me, its in great nick and I have the box :)

Noche how was the ride today???? did you enjoy the route we took????

hey turlek, not sure if I know exactly who u r :)

I rope with FPC to kyalami/belue route.

I enjoyed it immensely until the damn speedo boneked!!

Remember guy in FiT kit hahahahahahaha blue trek and was being flooked by francois on the single speed smiley1.gif smiley36.gif

Remember guy in FiT kit hahahahahahaha blue trek and was being flooked by francois on the single speed smiley1.gif smiley36.gif

ahhh Mr Tim, how r u youg man??

Ja the ride was great, but those spez speedos are *** to the max!! This is number 3!!! Think I should send an email to the suppliers.

Gotta decide on a new one coz I cant get it fixed. Think I might get the sigma wireless for the MTB and something with cadence for the road. But then something is telling me to get the polar rs8000, but I have a polar :) arghhhhhh

i am great hahaha now my secret is out smiley36.gif

Dude if you going to pay that for the polar rs800 rather go for a garmin 305 it has endless possibilities and the interface is so much more user friendly!!! oh ya and you get to find out where you been and all that stuff so you cant get lost...

i am great hahaha now my secret is out smiley36.gif

Dude if you going to pay that for the polar rs800 rather go for a garmin 305 it has endless possibilities and the interface is so much more user friendly!!! oh ya and you get to find out where you been and all that stuff so you cant get lost...

ja its alot of geld. Think Im better off spending 1-2k and getting 2 decent ones.

Dude seriously if you looking at the RS800 its stupid not to look at the garmin and then you have everything in one unit with a user interface for each bike mapping of your routes and speed distance and everything wireless

dude the posibilites are endless and the garmin is the only thing i would sell you if we had it in our shop and you were looking to spend that on a watch

other than that the blackburn range is hard to beat for durability

and i still have no clue how you broke those spez ones because you are so far the only comeback i have had

so after going through 3 specialized speedos' date=' I have realised that they are of a rubish quality. The buttons seize up with the slightest hint of mud.

So basically im looking for a new one which I can alternate between the road bike and the mtb. I currently have cadence on my road bike and would like to keep it as well. Also I have a polar F6 so not sure if im so keen on a new fancy polar.

Any suggestions???[/quote']

I am a Cateye fan. I have two that date back from 1980 sometime and they are still going strong. The one had a very rough time recently when my dog used it as a hockey puck on the smooth garage floor for 20 minutes before I bothered to look what the toy was. The face was scratched but after a polish it is fine again. Overall, they've worked hard, travelled a lot and fell several times.

I also have an Astrale that's as fuss-free as it gets. Some people say Cateye doesn't work in the rain but my experience is different.

I've had Sigma, Avocet (rubbish de-lux) and Polar (dodgy de-luxe).

I am sure you won't be dissappointed.