2010 Specialized Sworks Seatpost Tilting/Slipping

The O

I have a 2010 Specialized SL3 Sworks Tarmac, what an awesome frame too ride.

The only problem is the seat keeps tilting up in front.

I have a Fizik Arione CX.

The bike shop torqued it the correct limits.

Does anyone have an answer how to sort this out?

Is anyone else battling with Sworks seatposts?
The O2010-01-10 08:35:33

If the arione cx is one of the new ones with the thick carbon rails the seatpost clamp has to be modified.Basically the rails are too big for the clamp so the inside of the clamp has to be filed away a few mm or it wont be able to clamp the rails properly.

hey Stringbean, the CX does not have carbon rails, the saddle seems to slide as far as possible to the front of the clamp till it narrows.

If the arione cx is one of the new ones with the thick carbon rails the seatpost clamp has to be modified.Basically the rails are too big for the clamp so the inside of the clamp has to be filed away a few mm or it wont be able to clamp the rails properly.

Are you serious??? I just bought the 2010 SL3 and have the carbon arione CX saddle. Building it next week. Maybe i'll get a better seatpost.

Guest colonel

Kent I have 6 words for you:

S

U

C

K

E

R

Are you serious??? I just bought the 2010 SL3 and have the carbon arione CX saddle. Building it next week. Maybe i'll get a better seatpost.

Easy to fix,you just have to make the part of the post that clamps the saddle rails a bit bigger so the bigger rails on the CX will fit.

I been through 3 separate S-works bikes, all with the same problem.

The problem is not the seat post but the clamp.

Take the seat post out, pull the clamp apart, using degreaser or similar clean the cones and and the surfaces that "LOCK". Then re-torque your seat post. Then every 10km or so of your first ride re-torque, and you should be fine.

My Mtbs, are bad with that, but using that method I got them all to settle down.

Specialized reccomend that you grease the cups but that will make them slip more, just apply a very thin layer of grease.

Also when fitted and still loose, rock the saddle up and down a few times to centralize the rails before finding your level position and torquing it.

otherwise you will have an off-centre saddle and one Cup will not be deep enough to hold the weight.

PS Please tell us more about your SL3. How do you like it and what did you ride before?

Who the hell had stock for you? I've been waiting on mine for ages.

Will only get one in the next shipment first week of Feb.

Who the hell had stock for you? I've been waiting on mine for ages.

hey Tarmac,

I did my home work on the net 5/6 months back and placed my order with my local bike shop. I paid for my FRAME months before it arrived.

I got the only size 54 in WP :-)

I have been on a 2004 Giant TCR "Carbon" since DEC 2003

The Giant did not respond as well when i stood up on a hill to climb.

I am not light at 85kg I AM NOW ENJOYING CLIMBING 4 THE FIRST TIME EVER. I am loving it, it is very very resonsive.

A few of my friends that ride league have riden it and are amazed at the stiffness and how responsive it is, it goes down hill like a dream and BEATS THE BENDS :-) IT LOVES going up and down hill and the S BENDS.

They are on a 2009 Scott Addict, 2009 Giant TCR and a 2010 Pinarello Dogma. I build my old bikes parts over for now and it weighs the same as my Giant did, so its not lighter.

No doubt Contador will be out climbing the rest of the pack on it in TDF.

Weird that Saxobank are not riding them in 2010, but then again they ride who ever pays them the most MONEY to ride there brand I would think?

The bike looks nice with white bar tape and saddle. Not sure what cages to use yet, I have white on for now, i my go black or even blue when SPECIALIZED bring them in.

I am waiting for my new campag wheels + 11spd Chorus groupset with white pedals. HOLDING thumbs they arrive by this week end. Did not make sence going for S/Record with a R7000 vs 201 grams.

If a fun rider like me in "PPA G" can feel the difference how much more will a PRO ??? If you see me and my bike at the fun rides come say HI.

Regards Theo

The O2010-01-11 10:10:32

You will spot me there too on My SL3 soon. With Sram Red.

I'll definitely say howzit.

I hope the SL3 makes me climb faster too hahaha... I somehow doubt it tho!

I was going to go for the Sram red, but was advised agains it, for long term I am safer on the Campag, Riding on Dura Ace for 5 years also no problems. New frame i need a new groupo.

You ride league hey Tarmac ?

what seat post is in there?

Does not look like the original from what i see, maybe there is the problem!

Original is an S-works with carbon/White paint finish.

Never seen this supplied with an SL3!!!!!Shocked