how's this for a defence argument?!?!?!

Tumbleweed

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its plausable. If you take in account how the accident happend, and the way the car travelled after she hit the cyclist, she could very well have fainted.

I have a friend who fainted for no reason while driving, causing an accident wich killed his girlfriend.

they should at least suspend het licence then it can happen again

Great idea. And while they are at it, why not suspend everyones licences. This will prevent any accident from happening.

Great idea. And while they are at it' date=' why not suspend everyones licences. This will prevent any accident from happening.
[/quote']

I'm cool with it, then us cyclist will be safe.

yup also true. .  but the accident happened due to some medical condtion.

Should we allow the blind to drive since accidents are going to happen?

Maybe make her ride a bike from now on

Great idea. And while they are at it' date=' why not suspend everyones licences. This will prevent any accident from happening.
[/quote']

and everybody will have to cycle... it will be like back of 94.7 madness everyday.

What a stupid title - "woman driver..."  As if that has anything to do with it.

i agree. and it is strange for a newspaper which credits its success over the last few years on being "the women's paper that's also enjoyed my men". was just looking at the pdfs of the print edition of the daily mail. the headline is much simpler: CLEARED, DRIVER WHO KILLED CYCLIST 'AFTER FAINTING AT THE WHEEL'

Plausible defence. Form of incapacitation. It is a different story if the woman was prone to fainting and knew or foresaw the possibility of fainting while driving and still drove regardless. Then she would be held criminally liable. At varsity we studied a few criminal cases that dealt with that. If I remember correctly one accused even got acquitted for killing someone in his sleep. He was having a nightmare and hit out and killed his family member. But he wasn't in control of his body at the time.

Plausible defence. Form of incapacitation. It is a different story if the woman was prone to fainting and knew or foresaw the possibility of fainting while driving and still drove regardless. Then she would be held criminally liable. At varsity we studied a few criminal cases that dealt with that. If I remember correctly one accused even got acquitted for killing someone in his sleep. He was having a nightmare and hit out and killed his family member. But he wasn't in control of his body at the time.

interesting that you should mention that. the same publication recently published a story about a man who was cleared of murdering his wife by strangulation in his sleep. i think there was also a rape case where the perpetrator was said to be sleeping during the act. will see if i can find some links.