Prescription Cycling Glasses

robmac

I can't find any decent prescription cycling glasses. Has anybody had any joy with this?  Would love some suggestions.  The "insert" style (e.g. adidas) just does not work well.

Cheers

Well it all depends how much you want to spend. Was going for Rudy Projects prescription lenses but then reality of having a little Hubber hit and had to reallocate thr R4K to his needs.

Personally I will got with D'Arcs, have heard you can get them with prescription inserts for less than a K.

Also prescription inserts vary with brand/model so do not allow one bad experience to put you off. At least with prescription inserts its easier to change the lenses.

I have the Rudy Project Rydeon 2 Photocromatic lenses with prescription Inserts. Had Darcs before but love the Rudy Projects, if I need to replace I get the same again.

i had the bolle's and after my crash (where they dissappeared) i replaced with rudi projects. i'll never change from rudy's now - they are phenomenal

I can recommend these guys:

I got a pair of transition, prescription lenses for my udy Project Rydons through them for $300 if I recall.  Email them for prices and the options they have.

Heared the Rudy Projects are great.  Please let us know what you decide on.  I recently went to contact lenses and can go with any glasses now.  Can really recommend contacts. X-Gear2010-01-18 07:15:01

Wow thanks guys - has anybody bought from Rudy Project SA?

Got mine from a bike shop on a special with extra lenses. There is also specials where you get a shirt and helmet. Or check CWCycles they also have good specials. Just watch out for optomotrist, the charge a lot (up to R1000  more)

i had the bolle's and after my crash (where they dissappeared) i replaced with rudi projects. i'll never change from rudy's now - they are phenomenal

I had a Crash at Teak place with mine, went down hard, lost the glases with the impact but the glases was fine, not even a scratch. Just put the prescription insers back in, everyone thought they broke. I was the one that broke.

Heared the Rudy Projects are great.  Please let us know what you decide on.  I recently went to contact lenses and can go with any glasses now.  Can really recommend contacts.

I tried and hated contact. Hate to try and put something in my eye, and that dryness just didn't work for me.

adidas has three new inserts lauched for 2010 one of which replaces the existing lens.This may be worth a look. The frame may not be covered by your medical aid but the lenses will

Heared the Rudy Projects are great.  Please let us know what you decide on.  I recently went to contact lenses and can go with any glasses now.  Can really recommend contacts.

I tried and hated contact. Hate to try and put something in my eye' date=' and that dryness just didn't work for me.
[/quote']

Had the same problems in the beginning, but guess I hated wearing prescription glasses more than the trouble of getting use to putting something in my eyes.  As my eyes got use to them, the dryness issue also become less and less (will probably not go away 100%).

Best part is I can now do MTB in the rain and mud without getting dirt on specs Clap

adidas has three new inserts lauched for 2010 one of which replaces the existing lens.This may be worth a look. The frame may not be covered by your medical aid but the lenses will

Do you perhaps have a link to these?