Simonsvlei

twinney

So' date=' riding in Group X in 2007, he got a 3:03 in a race where the winning time was 2:27. That's a pretty impressive, probably mostly solo, ride.

I'm not surprised he graduated to elites 13 months later.
[/quote']

Seems unlikely though... having no support from a bunch and/or other pacemakers, you would have to be Contador to ride that kind of time.  Something's fishy here.

In the Tour de Winelands he finished with two other X riders and there were a couple not that far behind.  They obviously did a team time trial.  I've seen the so-called development riders doing that at funrides.  Nothing fishy about that.

Why don't the guys that are always moaning about the development riders organise a training camp or something for them.  It would benefit everyone.

Dit gee vir jou 33 minute na die wen tyd, wat mens beslis nie 'n A-D seeding gee nie.... Geen probleem met development nie, maar hulle moet soos al die ANDER daar kom...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems unlikely though... having no support from a bunch and/or other pacemakers' date=' you would have to be Contador to ride that kind of time.  Something's fishy here.[/quote']

I don't think it's too far-fetched if he's strong and had one or two other riders with him. A friend of mine did a 2:37 from PP bunch at the 2008 94.7 and he was pretty much solo the whole way.

speed kills? ok, *** joke. But everyone was a rookie once.  In my job working with a rookie/probie can get me killed.  Which would really piss my wife off.  But.. after seventeen year I have learnt that sometimes ya just gotta work around em.

Guest colonel

PPA is co/part sponsor of the ex-Acsis team and that is development and the Pick n Pay development team PPA is no chance in hell going to say they cannot race league if that is what PnP wants. Their bread and water comes from that company once a year when the Argus is held.

It's a pity Ayabonga, the rider in question, isn't here to represent himself. And riders like him.

Definitely, his view will bring clearer insights to this discussion.   smiley15.gif