thursday night ride - moo mall (EVERY thursday)

MaxUmis

This sounds awesome. Although last time I rode in Irene my two friends got bike jacked (Nissan Race 2009

). Have you had any 'issues' on the Dark and Dirty?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is Thursday today, right?

yup :clap: :thumbup: :D :clap: :thumbup:

Can't wait to get out there and ride... apparently 40km tonite ...

Going to be a good ride tonight!!

I've even talked a few friends into joining for the first time tonight.

This sounds awesome. Although last time I rode in Irene my two friends got bike jacked (Nissan Race 2009

). Have you had any 'issues' on the Dark and Dirty?

In all the times i've been down, nope :D besides a couple punctures :blink:

Think the beauty behind the safety is riding in numbers and not following the same route every week :)

Give it a try, last week was hectic, was another intro ride and only 29 of us :o

Thank you for last night's ride. My first one, but looking forward to many more!

What news about the lady who came off?

Thank you for last night's ride. My first one, but looking forward to many more!

She has to write the ride report!

Did she come off hard? Is she ok?

Pitty I missed it, not the lady coming off her bike, but the ride.

You just pitch up, be at the parking near the spur at 6:45, you'll see the bikes.

I think on average the speeds are between 12 - 15km/hr, so very relaxed.

She has to write the ride report!

Did she come off hard? Is she ok?

Pitty I missed it, not the lady coming off her bike, but the ride.

:lol: I doubt she'll be happy writing anything soon. She had some pretty nasty roasties on her elbow. Some other bumps and bruises too. She came down on the descent down "Mine shaft". Hit a deep rut that caught most of us off guard. She took a very nasty tumble, but I'm sure she'll dust herself off and hopefully get back on the horse soon.

As for the ride report... I heard a little story about the boyfriend of the girl that took a tumble (that sound like the title of a book: the boyfriend of the girl that took a tumble ;) )

@Aonyx if you can do a 16km lap around Groenkloof in under 1h10m you'll be considered a racing snake :)

It's very social and a good jol. :thumbup:

We got her back to the Mall OK (by car), sore stomach i guess from hitting the handlebars then grazed elbows, not sure what else. Not sure if she went to the hospital for Xrays etc?

Ashchest, she def wasn't the 1st to bail that i saw ;) Another girl went bundu bashing down VetSeun and then the above girl's bf did an awesome slide bail along the railway line by Wash & Go (<- i think)(he slid & got up so quickly that you'd swear he planned that trick - BUT i saw it :D ) way before she did the over the bars at high speed trick.

All in all, a very interesting ride! Weather was good, did drizzle a bit, but more pleasant than soaking. We also hit a knarly single track uphill that i haven't done before, would love to try it again, too many people means riding uphill was difficult. :(

Really not sure who'll do last weeks and this weeks Ride Report?? :blink:

You just pitch up, be at the parking near the spur at 6:45, you'll see the bikes.

I think on average the speeds are between 12 - 15km/hr, so very relaxed.

Sounds good - will get some lights and be at the next intro ride!

We got her back to the Mall OK (by car), sore stomach i guess from hitting the handlebars then grazed elbows, not sure what else. Not sure if she went to the hospital for Xrays etc?

Ashchest, she def wasn't the 1st to bail that i saw ;) Another girl went bundu bashing down VetSeun and then the above girl's bf did an awesome slide bail along the railway line by Wash & Go (<- i think)(he slid & got up so quickly that you'd swear he planned that trick - BUT i saw it :D ) way before she did the over the bars at high speed trick.

All in all, a very interesting ride! Weather was good, did drizzle a bit, but more pleasant than soaking. We also hit a knarly single track uphill that i haven't done before, would love to try it again, too many people means riding uphill was difficult. :(

Really not sure who'll do last weeks and this weeks Ride Report?? :blink:

I don't mind you telling people when and where I had to "temporarily abandon" my bike, but calling me a girl is a bit harsh don't you think? :D

Hey Hey! It's Thursday :clap: :clap: :clap:

Are your batteries charged boys and girls!?

BTW, any news on "the girl that took a tumble"?

Hey Hey! It's Thursday :clap: :clap: :clap:

Are your batteries charged boys and girls!?

BTW, any news on "the girl that took a tumble"?

Lights on charge..... haven't gotten round to cleaning my Bike though since last week :blush: so will be riding a dirty bike with a clean chain :P

p.s. any further thoughts on the pre-ride idea?

Any idea on how far we intend riding tonight?

I've got all my stuff loaded in the car so G2G :D

Who would be keen to meet at 18:15ish, depending on traffic :blush: