Attack in Majik

Rapunzel

Yes, MS, if we stay away, it is just another 'win' for crime.  Stuff them!  But please - everybody - be careful.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This stuff makes me so so angry. Violating every single bit of what we are entitled to...

At the longstreet baths in town (where I swim with the  ATC squad)  I was followed right into the place by a guy hassling me of the street' date=' I paied to get in and then he wanted my change, so the Stupid guy in the pay box (from the baths) doesnt stop the dodgey dude behind me from comming in though He clearly didnt pay the oke came right into the locker room where I was now allone, He then got angry and demanded his money, I just said "Im not giving it to you, I will give it to people that I know is suffering".

I swear Angels must have been around me cause he just turned around and walked out. I was really scared. And thought of headbutting the oke but thats starting something and If I didnt knock him out he might have pulled out a knife.
[/quote']

We don't always count our blessings but then something like this happens and we realise how fortunate we are being in the Lords protection

did anyone hear anything from the tygerburg mtb club?? i also say,,, dont go there before 17:00 .. it was about 5months ago, i wanted to go and ride there just after 15:30. i was standing on sy sidewalk and saw a black guy going in on old bike. a lady (cleaner from the area) came up to me and said " moenie daar in gaan nie, daai man wag vir jou" ... scarry sh*t!!

did anyone hear anything from the tygerburg mtb club?? i also say' date=',, dont go there before 17:00 .. it was about 5months ago, i wanted to go and ride there just after 15:30. i was standing on sy sidewalk and saw a black guy going in on old bike. a lady (cleaner from the area) came up to me and said " moenie daar in gaan nie, daai man wag vir jou" ... scarry sh*t!!

[/quote']

It was mentioned in the latest club letter.  Also asks for info if anybody saw anything and provided tel no in case anybody sees anything dodgy. 

This is real k**** we try to ride there every second or third week after work....and now we have to start brining guns or what?? why cant ppl just leave us alone to suffer on our own...now they wanna take our bikes also....dont they know that its hard work??

IDIOTS...grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think you guys should come and ride with us next weekend in saldanha !!! we riding from Jacobsbaai sat morning to saldanha and back if you want the route info let me know LOLLOL its very safe up here Big%20smileBig%20smile

This is not good news at all. Have not been riding there as yet, but planned to do so over the weekend, and afternoons next week.

Seems like riding with pepper spray at the ready is now the order of things.

Noway SM it only takes one to decide shoot first then he is painted and you be dead, i won't try it i would rather ride in a group as there is way less chance that they will strike 2 or more guys(if it's only 1) but i don't feel ladies should go 2 or less. Maybe we should all get together once or twice a week and have a ride.

Wink

It is amazing how many women (and guys) ride alone out there.  Last weekend at 06:00 we cycled past a lady hiker at the top of Majik.  One of the guys still commented on how dangerous it is for her to be alone out there. 

I agree, there is always safety in numbers. 

Can't we make a plan to do some sort of sting op with the police, i'll volunteer to be bait, then have 3 or 4 unmarked police cars/folk covering the exits. do this 3 or 4 times and the a**holes are sure to get the picture.

Leave us alone or meet "Bubba"

Well if theres squatters in there as the map shows those should be sorted out and checked for stolen stuff.  They are the root of the evil...

I wont ride table mountain, to many incidents as well. Seems like the only safe place to ride is in my garden!

• 2 weeks later...

I've recovered from the attack on Thursday 28th except for badly bruised legs, stiff shoulder and neck. Happened just after 4pm in the vineyard next to Majik just before ascending the dirt road along the fence. A young innocent looking man (20-23yrs) swung an iron pole to my head without warning as I passed him. I was flung over the handlebars and landed on my left side. He threatened my friend when she tried to approach me and then sped off on my bike back down the vineyard......My body probably went into shock as I could not move for quite a while. We were assisted by two ladies walking their dogs and a rider wearing red (thank you). My friend called for help...X-rays clear except for ligament damage to my neck. My helmet proteced me from the blow and the fall.  Mace and whistles are good to have but would not have been of much use in a surprise cold-blooded attack such as this. Thanks to everyone whom I was not able to thank for their help.