Cheap no name carbon frames

Cassie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did the first maiden long ride on mine today and i was impressed. a very smooth' date=' responsive ride. [/quote']

Photo's!!!  C'mon....do some bragging!!

also approx costs; shipping time etc etc..

I'm serious keen on a project like this!!

Cassie, the one I ordered came through on my statement at R3 165 shipping included. There should be another +- R500 for VAT and handling. Shipping time I'll let you know when I get it. The frame will only be shipped on the 22nd as it's spring festival in China untill the 21st. It's an extra $200 to have it sent via UPS or DHL. I'd rather wait a little longer and spend that money on a nice paint job.

im ride a cheap no name - frame, seatpost, handle bar and fork set me back about R3800 and all in black carbon.

riding since december 2009 and going like a bullet train........... Thumbs%20Up

Placed my order on ebay 16 Nov 09 and received my goods around the 4th of Feb.  Frame, fork, stem, 2 x seatposts, 2 x clamps, handlebar, headset and 2 x bar ends for my mtbs. Total cost for goods was  about R4200 and i had to pay R131 vat on collection from my local post office.

Now looking forward to put this puppy together and take her on the road!!

did the first maiden long ride on mine today and i was impressed. a very smooth' date=' responsive ride. [/quote']

Photo's!!!  C'mon....do some bragging!!

I will have it at the Xterra championships Grabouw, the Argus MTB challenge and the Argus . If you see me or my girlfriend on it come chat.

The problem seems to be (according to the Chinese seller) that SAPO will not accept frames (road bike) as Air Freight as' date=' apparently, the box is too big - therefore they have to 'come surface - which takes 3 months

(or it will be around that when, hopefully, I get mine)!
[/quote']

I am in no way trying to disrespect anyone here, but I have done a lot of business in China and have travelled there 10 times in the past few years and one of the things I have learned that is installed at the very base of the Chinese culture is that they will save money wherever they can, be it at a bargaining market, on cleaning materials for the toilets at a major company, on safety features in public places, etc, they will alwasy try and save as much money as they can.

So your comments here do not surprize me as I would think it is more a case that they have decided to ship the parcel to you in the cheapest way possible and that being by ship which takes 2.5-3 months door to door.

Another thing I learnt with the Chinese is that when they say yes it only means that they are now willing to negotiate on the actual details of the thing they said yes to. A deal is not always what it seems.

I have to admit that it's a bit frustrating to think that I might have to wait 2 months + for the frame to arrive, especially when all the other parts are laying around waiting to be assembled.

Then again, I looked at a GT carbon frame at my LBS the other day, price tag.... R13500. It is probably the best looking frame i've seen in my life and I'm sure performance would be on par with the looks, but my complete build right now is going to cost me that much, grease and oil included.

Considering I just started riding again after an absence of about 5 years, I think this Chinese cheapo will be more than suffice, and to be honest, I can't really justify the cost of even the current build. But hey, who would say no to a brand new carbon mounty, even if it meens you have to stay patient for a while.

It's on the ship' date=' they posted it yesterday, let's see how long this one takes.

[/quote']

hope for your sakes it's not the Titanic.

It's on the ship' date=' they posted it yesterday, let's see how long this one takes.

[/quote']

hope for your sakes it's not the Titanic.

At least Leonardo will have something to hang on to this time.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading up on these as much as possible' date=' I'm going to buy one of their MTB frames. (just need to recover a little after buying everything but the frame).This is their website: http://www.flyxii.comI e-mailed them and a guy by the name of <!-- .hmmessage P    margin:0px; padding:0px    .hmmessage    font-size: 10pt; font-family:Verdana    -->Yong was very quick to respond on all my questions. For $415 I will get the following:- Frame FLY-FR001 - disc only, there is another one that accepts V brakes, but if you're going to use discs you'll have those 2 V brake brackets sticking out the back like little frog eyes.- Seatpost - Handlebar - Headset- Stem- Seat clamp- ShippingAll carbon except the shipping.With tax that works out to around R3700I'll post once I get stuff

[/quote']

How did you get that price? I just checked and the price for the frame is $380, so did all that other stuff only cost $35??? Is shipping included in their quoted prices on the site? Last question - I noticed you gave a weight for the frame - what size was that weight for?

After reading up on these as much as possible' date=' I'm going to buy one of their MTB frames. (just need to recover a little after buying everything but the frame).This is their website: http://www.flyxii.comI e-mailed them and a guy by the name of <!-- .hmmessage P    margin:0px; padding:0px    .hmmessage    font-size: 10pt; font-family:Verdana    -->Yong was very quick to respond on all my questions. For $415 I will get the following:- Frame FLY-FR001 - disc only, there is another one that accepts V brakes, but if you're going to use discs you'll have those 2 V brake brackets sticking out the back like little frog eyes.- Seatpost - Handlebar - Headset- Stem- Seat clamp- ShippingAll carbon except the shipping.With tax that works out to around R3700I'll post once I get stuff
[/quote']

How did you get that price? I just checked and the price for the frame is $380, so did all that other stuff only cost $35??? Is shipping included in their quoted prices on the site? Last question - I noticed you gave a weight for the frame - what size was that weight for?

Hey Josh

I e-mailed the guy and gave hime a list of what I wanted and he replied with $415 shipping included. Just before they shipped the stuff, I asked him if there's still time to add two bottle cages ($15 each) he gave both for $20. So there's obviously discount on ordering additional stuff.

I ordered a 18" FLY-FR-001 which I also changed at the last minute to a 3k weave, simply because to me it looks a little better, didn't charge me extra. Think the 3k might be a little heavier than 12k.

The parcel has been at see for 2 weeks now, so I hope it will be here within the next 2-3 weeks.

Ok cool, thanks for the info! This seems like quite a good option and that's very light for the price. I'll have to go do my research on the whole 3k/12k weave thing. Now I just have to decide if I'm going to save some money and buy from these guys or pay R4500 from cyclebuzz and get a warranty...

• 1 month later...

After reading up on these as much as possible' date=' I'm going to buy one of their MTB frames. (just need to recover a little after buying everything but the frame).This is their website: http://www.flyxii.comI e-mailed them and a guy by the name of <!-- .hmmessage P    margin:0px; padding:0px    .hmmessage    font-size: 10pt; font-family:Verdana    -->Yong was very quick to respond on all my questions. For $415 I will get the following:- Frame FLY-FR001 - disc only, there is another one that accepts V brakes, but if you're going to use discs you'll have those 2 V brake brackets sticking out the back like little frog eyes.- Seatpost - Handlebar - Headset- Stem- Seat clamp- ShippingAll carbon except the shipping.With tax that works out to around R3700I'll post once I get stuff [/quote'] How did you get that price? I just checked and the price for the frame is $380, so did all that other stuff only cost $35??? Is shipping included in their quoted prices on the site? Last question - I noticed you gave a weight for the frame - what size was that weight for?

?

Hey Josh

?

I e-mailed the guy and gave hime a list of what I wanted and he replied with $415 shipping included. Just before they shipped the stuff, I asked him if there's still time to add two bottle cages ($15 each)?he gave both for $20. So there's obviously?discount on ordering additional stuff.

?

I ordered a?18" <FONT size=2 face=Arial>FLY-FR-001 which I also changed at the last minute to a 3k weave, simply because to me it looks a little better,?didn't charge me extra. Think the 3k might be a little heavier than 12k.

<FONT size=2 face=Arial>?

<FONT size=2 face=Arial>The parcel has been at see for 2 weeks now, so I hope it will be here within the next 2-3 weeks.

Did you ever get the frame???? I might want to order one, but I want to make sure you got yours 1st!