PERMITS FOR RIDES AT HILLCREST AND CONTERMANSKLOOF

dirtman

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hillcrest and Contermanskloof are now connected and can be ridden together.  Directions can be found at the start of the red route ST at Hillcrest. An annual permit system is in operation - Riders can also buy the normal day permits.

Day permits

Tygerberg MTB club members: You will need to buy a R25 day permit at Contermans every time you cross over to ride there.  Members ride for free at Hillcrest.

Non-members:  You will need to buy a full price day permit at both Contermans AND Hillcrest every time you cross over to ride both trails.  This will cost you R50 in total

Annual Permits:

Tygerberg MTB club members: You can buy an annual permit that will give you unlimited riding at Contermans.  The cost of this permit is R300 per year (equivalent to one ride a month!). 

Non-members have 2 options: - buy separate permits for Hillcrest and Contermans respectively, or buy a combined annual permit that covers both trails.

Price of annual permits for non-members is as follows:

Hillcrest alone:  R350

Contermans alone:  R350

Combined permit: R650

To buy a pemit, contact mountainbiker@mweb.co.za  or  072 852 8272 

Id also be interested, especially to also do the connecting piece between Majik and Hillcrest.  Still need to register with the club though...

I sent a mail to James, but didnt get any reply.

Membership application forms and bank details are on the website - tygerbergmtb.co.za

Fill in the form, do your payment, fax it to Adrian and if you want, you can collect your bike board from Adrian in Kenridge, otherwise it will be posted to you.

You can also contact Adrian at mountainbiker@mweb.co.za  or  072 852 8272 >

Chances are that we will do a ride Sunday morning from Majik over the green corridor to Hillcrest and maybe all the way to Contermanskloof.  Provisional starting time at 6 am at bottom of Majik at Jip de Jager.

Please check this thread tomorrow afternoon around 6pm for confirmation re Sunday's ride.  

What distance is the entire loop?

Between 40 and 50 km if you do both green and red route at Hillcrest and the Contermans loop. If you add all of Majik, you will get up to 60.

Not an easy ride however, will take you about 3 to 3,5 hours to do the route without Majik. 

So it's still cheaper to join Tygerberg MTB club for R250 per year and the Contermanskloof permit for R350, total R600.

And you can make use of the green belt from Majik to Hillcrest.

Someone mentioned somewhere on the hub about displaying number boards on your bike.. Saw a few guys at hillcrest today but no one had anything that looked like number boards. What does it look like and where should it be on the bike?

So it's still cheaper to join Tygerberg MTB club for R250 per year and the Contermanskloof permit for R350' date=' total R600.

And you can make use of the green belt from Majik to Hillcrest.
[/quote']

If you are a Tygerberg MTB club member, you only pay R300 for a Contermanskloof permit and not R350  - so the total is R550 per year.  And yes, only Tygerberg MTB club members are allowed to cross over Nitida to Hillcrest.

Someone mentioned somewhere on the hub about displaying number boards on your bike.. Saw a few guys at hillcrest today but no one had anything that looked like number boards. What does it look like and where should it be on the bike?

]

Tygerberg MTB club members get a white plastic bike board with 2010 printed on it when they join the club - this board is also your free pass to cross from MAjik to Hillcrest via the green corridor, as well as riding for free at Hillcrest.  If you buy a annnual permit for Contermanskloof, you get an addisional orange sticker to attach to the board.

You do not to be a member (and thus have a bike board) to ride at Hillcrest or Contermans - you then just need to buy a permit for R25 every time you ride either Hillcrest or Contemans - if you ride both together, you must buy a R25 day permit for each  - R50 in total.        

Ride is on from botttom Jip de Jager via Majik to Hillcrest tomorrow (Sunday), leaving at 6 am. 

Adrian will lead an easy ride.