Garmin nicked off my bike - Paarl Funride

Scotsman

There is some cyclist out there who is now the proud 'owner" of my Garmin 705. The item in question was "acquired" during the prize giving when the bikes were left unattended for 10 mins at the Club 100 gazebo. Yeah yeah I know I should not leave it on my bike (I usually don't). I hope the new owner has a life of never ending uphills.

Here is a tip.....

I once lost a Cateye and I did the following......

In flyfishing you use braided loops on your flyline to attach your leaders. I made a loop big enough for the instrument to slip through and epoxied the other end somehwere suitable on the instrument. Will not stop a thief but maybe just long enough so he wont bother. Woh a try.

May the fleas of a million camels invade his balls and may his finger nails turn into fish hooks!!!!!!!!!!

Its a pitty in todays life you have to take things with you in order for some F*!cker not to steal it. The wheel turns...sometimes incredibly slowly but it turns.

Guest colonel

I had some asshole take my skewer off my front wheel while I did sign on. It makes me laugh actually in a way but I also heard someones PT CPU was also taken off their bike.

Great going Paarl.

Ouch, Scotsman!

That hurts.

I take my Polar off immediately when I get off the iron horse.

smiley9.gif

Thanks for the Garmin but is it possible that I could take the sensors and brackets at the next ride?

Just a joke but that is real k@k one.

Sorry about that.

You must be careful in the Cape! That would never happen here in GP.

They would just shoot you and take the bike.

Thanks for the thread, not sure where or what Teak Place is - if it is an address then it is possibly mine, if it is a coffee shop then I don't think so. Anyway I am following up.