nutrition for tired legs

Thinkbeeg

The best way for your body to recover is to rest. Supplements will only help to a certain degree but eventually you will suffer burn out. This happens when you push the body to its limit every day. Something to remember is when you train hard or race you are actually tearing muscle tissue' date=' at some point you need to help your body replenish that muscle tissue. As somenone mentioned moderate rides three days a week and two hard will do you more good than harm. But one rest day in between is essential. I would say if you are riding in the week and on both days on the week end, Monday should be your rest day. Spent many hours of a day in the saddle and burn out aint fun. Can break the best mentally.[/quote']

You see " Big G " - thats why I stopped and gave you the allen key set !!!

You take the time to help others !! Thats what makes certain riders " Champions" ! Mooi !!!Clap?

Hey Silverstreak. Helping others is what is important to me. If i can pass on the knowledge that i have gained over the years and someone else can benefit from it and improve their performance that makes me a happy man my bud. Just hope that it will help because its important to know how far you can push your body and listen to it, it will give you signs. So learn to know your body and listen to it. One day out of your week is nothing in the context of how far you can push your body until it wont respond any more.

Will always be forever greatful for that allen key smiley32.gif Big G2010-03-05 08:05:00

Like I said " Champion " !! My body tells me every day " I current , I current ". If you ignore the signs - you'r lungs join the club and just make you hit the " Wall" !! Thx fr the advice - see you on the road soon!!

check out our new club colours on www.slipstreamers.weebly.com ! Flying friday to " Argus" to see if its better than my 4h20 of last year !! 

Thanks for the advice Big G! I suppose as with everything' date=' not going overboard is the key. I read recently that the hardest day of your training to stick to is your rest day hehe can relate to that cos I'm always thinking i'm 'missing out' on a days training when I don't ride but realise that a day's rest can do way more good than a forced day's riding!

[/quote']

Used to feel the same like it was the end if i didnt train every day, until my old man asked me what i thought i was trying to acheive and he gave me some advice. So i owe a lot of what i know to him. One days rest can make a big difference in your recovery as i said. As important is to enjoy your cycling enjoy every minute you are out there. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

rare steak with chilli sauce.

dark chocolate and coffee for dessert.

OR

a rare steak with a chocolate and chilli sauce.

Like I said " Champion " !! My body tells me every day " I current ' date=' I current ". If you ignore the signs - you'r lungs join the club and just make you hit the " Wall" !! Thx fr the advice - see you on the road soon!!

check out our new club colours on www.slipstreamers.weebly.com ! Flying friday to " Argus" to see if its better than my 4h20 of last year !!?

?
[/quote']

I know the feeling at times the body just says Hey Thats Enough and the lungs join in, he he. Look forward to seeing you out there. Enjoy and GOOD LUCK. Big G2010-03-05 08:24:40

Thanks for the advice Big G! I suppose as with everything' date=' not going overboard is the key. I read recently that the hardest day of your training to stick to is your rest day hehe can relate to that cos I'm always thinking i'm 'missing out' on a days training when I don't ride but realise that a day's rest can do way more good than a forced day's riding!

[/quote']

Used to feel the same like it was the end if i didnt train every day, until my old man asked me what i thought i was trying to acheive and he gave me some advice. So i owe a lot of what i know to him. One days rest can make a big difference in your recovery as i said. As important is to enjoy your cycling enjoy every minute you are out there. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Thanks mate! Good luck to all of you doing the Argus too!

@ Canaris, definitely rare steak with a chocolate and chilli sauce lol