Hatfield/PTA east cycle shops

Mbot

Learn to fix and service your bicycles yourself..... it takes a little bit of time' date=' your hands get a little dirty, you learn how cheap it is to import spares from www.chainreactioncycles.com and you have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. You also do not have to worry about a untrained wrench in a descripid bicycle shop (that most of you do not seem to trust!!!!!) .................... stuffing up your pride and joy. Just take it to them when you cannot do the work yourself and then take pot luck and hope for the best. [/quote']

sad but true big H, just have to factor time into that equ!

quick and easy yes, must agree.

your sig in not very fitting!Wink

Guest Big H
Learn to fix and service your bicycles yourself..... it takes a little bit of time' date=' your hands get a little dirty, you learn how cheap it is to import spares from www.chainreactioncycles.com and you have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. You also do not have to worry about a untrained wrench in a descripid bicycle shop (that most of you do not seem to trust!!!!!) .................... stuffing up your pride and joy. Just take it to them when you cannot do the work yourself and then take pot luck and hope for the best. [/quote']
sad but true big H, just have to factor time into that equ!
quick and easy yes, must agree.
your sig in not very fitting!Wink

Time is a lame excuse...... my tandems, MTBS's and Hybrid will shed their paint with stress if they see the inside of a bicycle shop. They have just never been there and are kept in perfect condition by their masters loving hands!!!!!!!

In what zone are you signifying nothing???????
Big H2010-03-08 02:04:08

You right - fixing bikes (as long as it works well afterwards) is almost as relaxing as riding - at least for some?

Prices are virtually the same all around...

It is best to build a relationship with a shop, automatically you will get good service if you are a regular.

Personally - I thnk the combo of Bennie and Hannes at Singletrack gets my vote,try them

• 7 months later...

Any new opinions?

I've always taken our bikes to Hot Spot but are thinking of trying cycle-fix.

Hatfield cycles are great on servicing, forks and all. I never remember names but the one dude is super helpful.

Any new opinions?

I've always taken our bikes to Hot Spot but are thinking of trying cycle-fix.

Squier

Try Cycle Fix, you will never look back.

William for MTB

Magnus (Team Medscheme Mec) for Road

Hatfield cycles are great on servicing, forks and all. I never remember names but the one dude is super helpful.

Must be Alfred :D

Speak to Hilton at Bruce, serious about client service, knows his clients and goes out of his way to attend to their needs.

Had good experiences with Single track as well, Bennie is great guy, will always help you with a problem on the trail as well.

Hotspot did a good job of fixing wheels for me.

I would rather not speak about the other names mentioned, when I go into a shop and ask for a written quotation I do not want to hear the computers are down, what happened to a pen and paper, they lost s client for ever.