2010 Merida HFS 1000D?? reviews?

leon_pro

I am looking at getting one of them

I would like to know is there someone out there that has one and are they happy?

Help and advise is welcome!!

Hi Leon,

I have the 2009 model which is quite similar. It is an awesome bike to ride; stiff, responsive and light. About the only downside is that the hydroformed tubes transmit every bit of vibration to your but, so you will know exactly what size the grains of sand underneath you are. That is a minor issue compared to the overall joy of riding the bike.

thanx, i am looking forward.

Now gotto sell my 2007 merida matts tfs 500 V. Was a brilliant bike and is still a awesome bike.

I almost bought the TFS 800 when I was looking and I am very glad that I didn't. You'll love the HFS frame if you enjoy going fast. ;)

Hi

Have the new 2010, upgraded from the TFS100. Stunning, relatively light bike that is very, very well specced for the price in my opinion. Brakes need a bit of setting up to work optimally - nice Fox shock. Very responsive, at times even a bit twitchy ride, which I prefer. Have done quite a few races on it already, including the scorcher 55km mtb Argus this morning. As reliable as my Toyota, if not as flashy as some of the more expensive brands.

HFS1000D 2009 model, full XT was definately the best value ever. Super light and very responsive - might have wanted a Fox fork though. BUT, with a few adjustments here and there (like tubeless etc), I think my bike compete right up there with some carbon's I am riding with...

The HFS 1000 is an awesome bike, fast, light and as stiff as a homeymoon dick, only one minor problem, the Hayes Stroker Trail brakes are not for me! Once I replaced the brakes with XT and completed the entire XT group, I was satisfied. I also went tubeless and saved some weight by replacing the heavy metal Shimano M520 pedals with Crankies. This bike rocks... get one!

After months of waiting, the 3000D I ordered has arrived at my LBS. Now I just need to get my "sponsor" to transfer the moola, so that I can go get it!

Although the 1000D is slightly less spec'd (SLX vs XT), it's still feels the same... would definitely recommend one!!

My 1000d, comes standard with xt all round, just the brakes a hayes strokers.!

Don't know anything about SLX