Cyclist switches SUV

Jakes9.9

I really do not see an attitude ! If you switch me while I am in my truck I will not be so kind .
days ago everyone said the poor cyclist's' date=' now you are saying damn the cyclist if you are in your car.If you do not know what happend, why comment to negatively?[/quote']

If you are going to behave like an asshole then I will treat you as such

Please be specific. Does this 'treatment' occur whilst you are tucked inside your  big shiny wankermobile or after you step outside? Are you advocating vehicle-actuated justice for people you judge to be 'assholes'?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coenie

I really do not see an attitude ! If you switch me while I am in my truck I will not be so kind .
days ago everyone said the poor cyclist's' date=' now you are saying damn the cyclist if you are in your car.If you do not know what happend, why comment to negatively?[/quote']

You do not know what happend...you just believe the driver...for crying in a bucket if I am in my car I think for the cyclist also, and if he does behave like a clot, it does not give me the right to hurt him...i just sake me head and drive around him.....

Guest coenie

Please be specific. Does this 'treatment' occur whilst you are tucked inside your  big shiny wankermobile or after you step outside? Are you advocating vehicle-actuated justice for people you judge to be 'assholes'?

Thumbs%20Up

Thumbs%20Up

You do not know what happend...you just believe the driver...for crying in a bucket if I am in my car I think for the cyclist also' date=' and if he does behave like a clot, it does not give me the right to hurt him...i just sake me head and drive around him.....[/quote']

See, that's the problem. As cyclists we go on how we will just shake our head and accept people cycling like idiots, but let a car drive like an idiot. My word, then we run to get the pitch forks and burn the people at the stake! Hypocritical!

Guest coenie

You do not know what happend...you just believe the driver...for crying in a bucket if I am in my car I think for the cyclist also' date=' and if he does behave like a clot, it does not give me the right to hurt him...i just sake me head and drive around him.....[/quote']

See, that's the problem. As cyclists we go on how we will just shake our head and accept people cycling like idiots, but let a car drive like an idiot. My word, then we run to get the pitch forks and burn the people at the stake! Hypocritical!

The thing is that when I am in my car it is not the time or place hoot, shout, etc at the cyclist.

Also I am in a car....he / she is no danger to my unlike a taxi, bus or other idiot driver.

You are also asuming that the cyclist was in the wrong......that is what I do not get.

Everyone always assumes it must have been the cyclists fault....

what if SUV dude was on his cellphone, and he won't tell us that??? And that is why the cyclist did what he did....?

This guy asked for it when he opened the batting by specifying he is driving an SUV. I don't give a f@ck if he is driving a segway or an 18 wheeler - we all have equal right of way.

The implication is' date=' I'm in a big-ass car so be careful how you drive around me. And flexing his cycling smarts by saying he got 'switched' is pretentious and pathetic.
[/quote']

So you cant afford one then.Cry

Guest coenie

This guy asked for it when he opened the batting by specifying he is driving an SUV. I don't give a f@ck if he is driving a segway or an 18 wheeler - we all have equal right of way.

The implication is' date=' I'm in a big-ass car so be careful how you drive around me. And flexing his cycling smarts by saying he got 'switched' is pretentious and pathetic.

[/quote']

That is not what was said......that is the problem...people assume to quickly.....read hariman's post again

Where does it say that he does not have one?

Guest colonel

Does it make Luke a worst person if he cant afford a big ass-small man syndrome car? No I think not.

You do not know what happend...you just believe the driver...for

crying in a bucket if I am in my car I think for the cyclist also' date=' and

if he does behave like a clot, it does not give me the right to hurt

him...i just sake me head and drive around him.....[/quote']

See, that's the problem. As cyclists we go on how we will just shake

our head and accept people cycling like idiots, but let a car drive

like an idiot. My word, then we run to get the pitch forks and burn the

people at the stake! Hypocritical!

Guess what buddy, when cars drive like idiots it's a deadly weapon that is out of control. When cyclists cycle like idiots they are setting themselves up to get squashed first with a very small outside chance of some collateral damage.

The majority of cyclists who ride on the road on a regular basis, and particularly without a big bunch, in cities and for commuting purposes are VERY careful about how they ride purely out of a sense of self-preservation.

I'm getting the feeling that some people on The Hub really don't understand that perspective. For most of the world cycling is not all about about dressing up in lycra and heading to the funride.

Guest coenie

Guess what buddy' date=' when cars drive like idiots it's a deadly weapon that is out of control. When cyclists cycle like idiots they are setting themselves up to get squashed first with a very small outside chance of some collateral damage.

The majority of cyclists who ride on the road on a regular basis, and particularly without a big bunch, in cities and for commuting purposes are VERY careful about how they ride purely out of a sense of self-preservation.

I'm get the feeling that some people on The Hub really don't understand that perspective. For most of the world cycling is not all about about dressing up in lycra and heading to the funride.

[/quote']

+5000 000 000000 00000 0000

[/quote']

That is not what was said......that is the problem...people assume to quickly.....read hariman's post again

Where does it say that he does not have one?

Point exactly, everyones assuming that the guy in the SUV is wrong, because he drives one. Got nothing to do with the story (what he drives) the cyclist switched him, the point he is trying to make. SUV are generally large, so did said switcher not see him, take a chance no one knows.Dont crucify the guy for driving a SUV.

Guest coenie

Point exactly, everyones assuming that the guy in the SUV is wrong, because he drives one. Got nothing to do with the story (what he drives) the cyclist switched him, the point he is trying to make. SUV are generally large, so did said switcher not see him, take a chance no one knows.Dont crucify the guy for driving a SUV.

No, you assume the cyclist was wrong.....

If is has nothing to do with the story what he drives why does he mention it?

SUV's are maybe large but it is NO excuse for not seeing someone, they have a better view than most people in cars....so I do no see why mention you drive a SUV?

And I still do not  believe the cyclist was wrong....drivers are idiots...as hardiman said...and as other people on this forum have proofed lately....drivers do not care about cyclists....

Point exactly' date=' everyones assuming that the guy in the SUV is wrong, because he drives one. Got nothing to do with the story (what he drives) the cyclist switched him, the point he is trying to make. SUV are generally large, so did said switcher not see him, take a chance no one knows.Dont crucify the guy for driving a SUV.
[/quote']

SUV's are maybe large but it is NO excuse for not seeing someone, they have a better view than most people in cars....so I do no see why mention you drive a SUV?

And I still do not  believe the cyclist was wrong....drivers are idiots...as hardiman said...and as other people on this forum have proofed lately....drivers do not care about cyclists....

You dont drive then.

Dont crucify the guy for driving a SUV.

There are lots of SUV forums where you will find support for your cause. You guys can all go jerk each other off over there about what you can and cannot afford.

Dont crucify the guy for driving a SUV.

There are lots of SUV forums where you will find support for your cause. You guys can all go jerk each other off over there about what you can and cannot afford.

So you cant afford one LOL

Point exactly' date=' everyones assuming that the guy in the SUV is wrong, because he drives one. Got nothing to do with the story (what he drives) the cyclist switched him, the point he is trying to make. SUV are generally large, so did said switcher not see him, take a chance no one knows.Dont crucify the guy for driving a SUV.
[/quote']

You dont drive then.

I used to drive for a living in one of the biggest cities in the world. Not all drivers are idiots, but there's definite room for improvement, and for cyclists too.. only difference is the stakes are higher for us.