Cyclist switches SUV

Jakes9.9

Dont crucify the guy for driving a SUV.

There are lots of SUV forums where you will find support for your cause. You guys can all go jerk each other off over there about what you can and cannot afford.

So you cant afford one LOL

Wow, you really are doing a lot for the SUV driver's image. Keep it up. We're discussing road safety but you keep trying to tell us you have a lot of money. I hope it buys you lots of personality in the near future.

I mean seriously, what does an SUV have to offer me? I don't have 4

kids, remedial spatial awareness or a microscopic cock.

I can't afford a submarine but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what buddy' date=' when cars drive like idiots it's a deadly weapon that is out of control. When cyclists cycle like idiots they are setting themselves up to get squashed first with a very small outside chance of some collateral damage. The majority of cyclists who ride on the road on a regular basis, and particularly without a big bunch, in cities and for commuting purposes are VERY careful about how they ride purely out of a sense of self-preservation.I'm getting the feeling that some people on The Hub really don't understand that perspective. For most of the world cycling is not all about about dressing up in lycra and heading to the funride.

[/quote']

No. Check all the accusations and insults flying around on this thread alone. I agree, only one side of the story is heard. And yet, this thread has turned into a car/suv bashing thread.

I can understand how some drivers start hating cyclists. When I cycle I get annoyed with other cyclists.

You say the cyclist takes his own life into his hands. What about the driver having to swerve out of the way of a cyclist skipping a red light. The driver plows into another car and his life (and perhaps his family's lives) is at stake.

It really goes both ways. Drivers and cyclists have to be aware of everything around them. Maybe the SUV driver was sipping a coffee, maybe not. Maybe the cyclist did something wrong, maybe not.

Point is, we don't know.

Guess what buddy' date=' when cars drive like idiots it's a deadly weapon that is out of control. When cyclists cycle like idiots they are setting themselves up to get squashed first with a very small outside chance of some collateral damage. The majority of cyclists who ride on the road on a regular basis, and particularly without a big bunch, in cities and for commuting purposes are VERY careful about how they ride purely out of a sense of self-preservation.I'm getting the feeling that some people on The Hub really don't understand that perspective. For most of the world cycling is not all about about dressing up in lycra and heading to the funride.

[/quote']

No. Check all the accusations and insults flying around on this thread alone. I agree, only one side of the story is heard. And yet, this thread has turned into a car/suv bashing thread.

I can understand how some drivers start hating cyclists. When I cycle I get annoyed with other cyclists.

You say the cyclist takes his own life into his hands. What about the driver having to swerve out of the way of a cyclist skipping a red light. The driver plows into another car and his life (and perhaps his family's lives) is at stake.

It really goes both ways. Drivers and cyclists have to be aware of everything around them. Maybe the SUV driver was sipping a coffee, maybe not. Maybe the cyclist did something wrong, maybe not.

Point is, we don't know.

To be fair I made the coffee part up. Perhaps he was in the right after all.

Dont crucify the guy for driving a SUV.

There are lots of SUV forums where you will find support for your cause. You guys can all go jerk each other off over there about what you can and cannot afford.

So you cant afford one LOL

Wow' date=' you really are doing a lot for the SUV driver's image. Keep it up. We're discussing road safety but you keep trying to tell us you have a lot of money. I hope it buys you lots of personality in the near future.
[/quote']

Now you are assuming I have an SUV

so after all this ... what is "switches"?

Like when you need to change the channel because something tedious is happening.

Maybe the hub should start a debate team. You guys have managed to go on the wildest tangents. Quite entertaining actually. Many very valid points on a full scope of ideas. All it took was for some chap to switch a SUV driver on a sunday down in Cape Town and post it here....

Guess most of you don't know that assumption is the mother of all cockups.

Guest coenie

Now you are assuming I have an SUV
yawn whatever. this thread has run it's course.

Agree. moving on....

Smile