What IS Your OFFICIAL ARGUS TIME

orbeaorca

you guys must see the 15th spot in the overall results, Denzil Africa,a devolopment rider from Oudsthoorn.. i think he had a great race

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys must see the 15th spot in the overall results' date=' Denzil Africa,a devolopment rider from Oudsthoorn.. i think he had a great race[/quote']

I noticed that.

In my eyes, Denzil is no development rider no more.

He's the real thang!

smiley32.gif

WackoA not very exciting 4.04 in the U group. Wind and age (66) took their toll! Almost came to a full stop on Boyes when a freak wind hit the bunch!

suikerbossie was a killer but still managed a 3:21:32SmileI think i did well for my first argus.came 1004th and 25th in the E group.Well done to everyone that rode this.ClapClapClap to Colonel!!!!Clap

How did E group do? Was the pace quite hard? I started out really strong and then dropped my chain so lost the leaders and just time trialled alone.

WackoA not very exciting 4.04 in the U group. Wind and age (66) took their toll! Almost came to a full stop on Boyes when a freak wind hit the bunch!

Hie, hie, that not a freak wind, that's the Cape doctor. Get's rid of all the farts that are polluting the air that floats in from the Cape flats. smiley36.gif

3:24...not over the moon but content

hi colonel...i think i have new hero

well done everyone 

suikerbossie was a killer but still managed a 3:21:32SmileI think i did well for my first argus.came 1004th and 25th in the E group.Well done to everyone that rode this.ClapClapClap to Colonel!!!!Clap

How did E group do? Was the pace quite hard? I started out really strong and then dropped my chain so lost the leaders and just time trialled alone.

the pace was realy slow until about 55km (stopping at the hills Angry)and then the group kept on splitting, had to sprint constantly to catch up with the front part of group. the pace down other side of suikerbossie was just nuts, was doing corners at about 70km/h with a nice crosswind, almost went off the road a few times.

DNFCryCryCryCryCryCryCry

I developed a stomach flu on Saturday. Sunday morning I still felt queezy, but decided to start in my group. Bad mistake! By the time I got to the PnP water point at Simonstown, I was getting extremely painfull stomach cramps. The Doctor on duty at that medical station gave me a Buscopan injection and an Immodium tablet. He reccomended that I do not cycle any futher, because I was also starting to develop a fever. I decided to cary on, but barely made it to the Cape Argus water point at Smitswinkel. After 48.6km of suffering I finally withdrew from the race. There I was given another Buscopan injection, and the stomach cramps eventually subsided after about 2 hours. I was litteraly in tears from dissapointment from not being able to finish.

Steynja' date=' sorry to hear about your problems.

Hope you recovered quickly.

[/quote']

Thanks. I am back at home in Sasolburg, feeling much better. Had the race been one day later, I would have finished in what I beleive would have been a PB. I did a lot of long distances to prepare for the Argus. Oh well, I will just have to wait for next year's race. This would have been my 7th Argus, but now I am still on 6.