Road Biker Road Rage

katot

Yes' date=' and there is a fine line between guys who think they own the road and stupidity....

When we were half way up on chappies on the 14th, these two guys came thundering through on the right shouting: "HOLD YOUR LINE!!!, PASSING ON THE RIGHT!!!, STAY LEFT PLEASE!!!" Everybody else was rather quiet and I could sense that it pissed off more people than just me.

Lo and behold, we all passed the guys a third of the way up suikerbossie....mmmm
[/quote']

Just a question... what must one do if you would like to pass other cyclists? I have always thought it's safer to say "passing right". Why did this piss you off?

Easy- just cough really loudly and clear your throat as you come up to overtake. The more sensitive guys are less likely to take this personally, unless you discharge from your nostrils as you go past.

No that is not going to work... what is wrong with keeping left if you are slower and asking to pass right? This seems plain logical to me. I suppose its they way you ask as well...

If someone wants to chase up a hill let him/her? I still do not understand why the guys asking to pass are a$$holes? Even if they did do so boisterously, if you're in a rhythm climbing a hill you don't want to slow down and get going again for every guy plodding up on the far right so you make sure they know you would like to pass? Is it an ego thing?

Exakerly

Can't understand why its the guys passing who are aholes.

Problem would not be there if the aholes who are wandering about in the road kept left.Common sense.Keep frigging left!!!!

Allow me to clarify, it was around 10 in the morning - there was PLENTY space.

Keeping left if you are slower is the right thing to do and asking people in the front to hold their line or to keep left is a common cycling practice that I use myself. Incidently, I was about a meter and a half from the left wall.

Over the sound of fellow cyclists puffing and some muted conversation here and there, I could here these clowns coming up from about 50 meters back. It souded as if they were hired by some celeb to verbally clear the road ahead because of his late start or something, which is fine I guess.

But when we caught up later, I wished I had one of those hand held blow horns or at the least a vuvuzela to let rip just as we came on on their backs...Does this make sense? 

Ah well then... you don't have to be a d##s about it like these guys sounded, so good show for catching up to them again.

I'm then guessing these are the type of guys that give cycling a bad name, ah well, one born every minute!

Yes' date=' and there is a fine line between guys who think they own the road and stupidity....

When we were half way up on chappies on the 14th, these two guys came thundering through on the right shouting: "HOLD YOUR LINE!!!, PASSING ON THE RIGHT!!!, STAY LEFT PLEASE!!!" Everybody else was rather quiet and I could sense that it pissed off more people than just me.

Lo and behold, we all passed the guys a third of the way up suikerbossie....mmmm
[/quote']

I really hope you did not stay quiet up Suikerbosse and told them they were a$$holes and also why they were a$$holes!!!!!!!!!

Clap Clap Clap

Clap

I had an interesting one on the second little bump on Boyes Drive, I was about a half meter or so from the left hand curb and some Doris starts telling me to move right as she wants to come through on my left...needless to say I didnt react at all but a really kind young lady on a tandem (her partner just chuckled) climbed into her telling her what an idiot she was and let rip till she was out of sight, and yep we caught and passed her and never saw her again on Smitties. Big%20smile