Extreme

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frail4Life

I can not wait for that lousy AGM!

I will only renew my membership after the AGM.

I am starting a list of complaints.

I think there is a number of people that are going to be pondering not to renew before we start getting better service.

True and after all it is a free service......duhhhhh

For R230 it's the least they could flipping do! smiley7.gif

I think there is a number of people that are going to be pondering not to renew before we start getting better service.

Agreed. Except with the PPA being the monopoly (and not a very good one) in the WC with regards to road cycling and thus the seeding system, you're not left with much choice. Although starting at the back of fun rides with a temporary license might just be good training. smiley32.gif

Yep yep.

Do you think we should make more of a formal thing that we can put through to them with a list of names saying that we are not going to renew or race ppa races until x,y,z happens?

All this talk is good, but if no one actually goes to them with a list of demands and unless we "strike" like the rest of the country then nothing is going to happen.

David, put your ideas down what you would like to see and I really think we need to action something otherwise we are still going to be complaining like this in 2 years time.

*Oh, how much % seeding increase are we going for in the strike* haha smiley36.gif

I'm all for a formal thing and putting my name down. You're right about us being here in 2 years time still complaining on TheHub (which the PPA most probably doesn't even know about) unless there is a combined effort to voice our complaints (and suggestions).

I have nothing to hide about my feeling of being ripped off with my current PPA membership.

One basic thing I'd like to see, all the seeding nonsense aside (i.e. that clearly needs to be reworked) is for the PPA to wake up and embrace social networking like Facebook and Twitter. Post events, news, updates etc. It's the current trend and just about everyone who is anyone has a Twitter profile and FB group/fan page.

Their website needs a serious kick up the ass. Having to use RaceTec's calender for event listings, because the PPA website is so rubbish and outdated is a joke. No offence to RaceTec - their calender does the job.

As an example, the current MTB calendar on the PPA website:

1. go to the PPA website

2. click Mountain biking - Mountain biking calendar

3. the click (again) Current events

4. try find an event amongst the mess...

Have a look at Tru-Cape, which is this weekend. The link to "Online Entries" is a link back to the PPA website. I mean for f*ck sakes that is pathetic. I ended up emailing the organiser to find a link to the online entry website.

ONLINE ENTRIES                                 www.pedalpower.org.za
   smiley11.gif

Which, for the record is: https://secure2.entries.co.za/onlineentries/LandingPage.aspx?EID=1134mikkelz2010-05-06 05:15:35

ya, I have also been using the racetec calendar for ages now because the ppa one hasnt worked since the site upgrade about a year ago.

Totally agree about the twitter/facebook/rss feed/the hub/etc etc etc.

Its like they are in the freaking dark ages.

No wonder the seeding run takes so long, they probably have some tannie sitting in the back stamping all the cards to work out the records smiley36.gif

ya, lets go and park our cars by the start of the next race and block it off and toi toi.

mmmm..... thinking about it that already happened with the end of the simonsberg ride..... smiley11.gif

At the moment it feels like we are dealing with eskom.

Just watch, the ppa is probably going to push up their fees now as well.

Does anyone else belong to the dirtopia/amarider clan?

It would almost not be a bad thing if they branched out into a "roadtopia" as well smiley32.gif

Where do you guys think the major stuffup is?

ppa or racetec?

If there was a new racing body that was established, who would we use for timing? Is racetec good for using? Are they dominated by the poorly organised ppa?

I dont see a reason why we can even have multiple race bodies and even timing systems at races.

Its like having a formula one and everyone can only drive toyota's.......

Guest Frail4Life

Yep yep.

Do you think we should make more of a formal thing that we can put through to them with a list of names saying that we are not going to renew or race ppa races until x' date='y,z happens?

All this talk is good, but if no one actually goes to them with a list of demands and unless we "strike" like the rest of the country then nothing is going to happen.

David, put your ideas down what you would like to see and I really think we need to action something otherwise we are still going to be complaining like this in 2 years time.

*Oh, how much % seeding increase are we going for in the strike* haha smiley36.gif [/quote']

1. Website up and working, No Error?

2. Seeding Update, When?

3. New Seeding system, Old is outdated?

4. Cyclist Banned, White Line?

5. More respect for Think Bike, Do they get a Salary?

6. Not Allowing Bunches to join, Creating a danger?

7. Cycle Accidents, caused by "new Cyclist" wrong seeding?

8. Demarcated parking areas, not at Finish Line?

9. Water tables with Coke or Powerade, not at 10km but last 10 / 5 km?

10. Team / parents vehicle, One allocated for backup in each or every third bunch?

11. NEW cyclist Must Qualify to ride Long, First short route to Qualify?   

12. More short route options, No need for Day Licence?

There is more.

mmm...

There is going to be alot of noise.

I think what we need to do is create a list of the top 5 things that we would like to be changed. Then we can chat about how to present our complaints.

My first complaint is the thing that has plagued me since the beginning.

-----

THE SEEDING SYSTEM.

----

I have a couple of ideas of some things they should change before throwing it out the window.

Ok, what else?

Guest Frail4Life

mmm...

There is going to be alot of noise.

I think what we need to do is create a list of the top 5 things that we would like to be changed. Then we can chat about how to present our complaints.

My first complaint is the thing that has plagued me since the beginning.

-----

THE SEEDING SYSTEM.

----

I have a couple of ideas of some things they should change before throwing it out the window.

Ok' date=' what else?[/quote']

I am thinking, my leg hurts! smiley11.gif

Guest Frail4Life

smiley38.gif smiley38.gif smiley38.gif

The most important.

Cycling Safety!

My leg still hurts smiley11.gif

smiley38.gif smiley38.gif smiley38.gif

The most important.

Cycling Safety!

My leg still hurts smiley11.gif

Ok, just make sure that any ideas you have also have some positive ideas how we can make it better as well.

We will have to have our own little "board" meeting. Maybe over a piece of braaivleis and we will have to collectively agree with the ideas that we are pushing forward.

I'm still waiting for them to tell me why more than half my races don't show on their website when I query my seeding index.  Races that were previously used in my seeding. 

Sent them an email on the 15th April with a spreadsheet attached highlighting all the races that are on the racetec website vs all the races on the PPA website.  Below is the original response.  I replied saying that the problem is NOT racetec as all my results show there, but in fact PPA.  Haven't heard from them since, and I was so polite (seriously).

According to Racetec there is nothing wrong with the results which was produced for today?s seeding.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please contact the RaceTec offices so that they can perhaps give you clarity.

Two of the races where not used for seeding: The Malmesbury Rotary Funride & the Cape Argus Pick n Pay MTB.

Guest Frail4Life

Reply to my Questions from PPA.

Posted in New Thread.