PPA Seedings

Extreme

I see what you guys mean about them blaming racetec.  I got told twice I need to speak to racetec. 

Why would I need to speak to racetec when they have ALL my results showing perfectly.  Its on on PPA that a large majority of my races has disappeared (were there previously). 

Sigh, don't know why I'm really bothering about it as the only road races I do are the Burger and Argus.  But then again, if mine is so wrong, there is a huge change that other peoples are wrong as well.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True!!!

I'm stuck in F, been there for the past year and looks like I will be there again with this new seeding system!!!

My best 2009 results will now be penalised and my best 2010 results will now either seed me in G or F when reseeding takes place in June!! 

My results in 2010 were better than 2009 and yet I'm still in F... You figure it out!!! I rode a better Argus, 99er, Rollercoaster and 3passes!!

Thumbs%20Down Thumbs%20Down Thumbs%20Down

A top 1,000 finish in the Argus this year earns you a spot in H Group for PPA events - not sure this makes sense.

I see what you guys mean about them blaming racetec.? I got told twice I need to speak to racetec.?

?

Why would I need to speak to racetec when they have ALL my results showing perfectly.? Its on on PPA that a large majority of my races has disappeared (were there previously).?

?

Sigh' date=' don't know why I'm really bothering about it as the only road races I do are the Burger and Argus.? But then again, if mine is so wrong, there is a huge change that other peoples are wrong as well.
[/quote']

I think you are just being Ratty about it.....

A top 1' date='000 finish in the Argus this year earns you a spot in H Group for PPA events - not sure this makes sense.[/quote']

That seriously blows.

anybody else only do mtb events? My seeding is down to S!!! Only 2 of the 12 races I did last year count for seeding which is really frustrating. Is the argus mtb event only going to be considered in the next seeding run?

So what are we going to do?

Niklas, you are pretty good with the whole statistical thing.

Do you think you could work out a simpler plan to start with?

Lets get some ideas going here.

As cyclists (and not just pen pushes in the ppa office) and on a forum like this where we have everyone from pros to fun riders can give there input on how they would like things to work.

That will be the best way to do this.

If we dont come up with a better way for it to work things will never get any better.

Maybe we should have given them some more time to post the results. Perhaps they were under pressure to run the seedings and as a result came up with some concocted formula

Maybe we should have given them some more time to post the results. Perhaps they were under pressure to run the seedings and as a result came up with some concocted formula

Cr@p on that suggestion. They were already late, how much time are you prepared to give these numnuts?

I dont realy know a lot about the seeding and how it works but this is my 5 cents. If you are competing against lets say 5000 cyclist in a race and the winning time for a 100km race was 2h30min. Their will be a slight chance that the fastest would not have come out of the elite bunch but maybe out of bunch B thus the "winning time" wount nessaceraly be the fastest time.

exactly.

They have been doing it screwed up for the past two years.

They need a clap, not more time..... smiley7.gif

I dont realy know a lot about the seeding and how it works but this is my 5 cents. If you are competing against lets say 5000 cyclist in a race and the winning time for a 100km race was 2h30min. Their will be a slight chance that the fastest would not have come out of the elite bunch but maybe out of bunch B thus the "winning time" wount nessaceraly be the fastest time.

That doesnt make sense.

The winningtime will still be the winningtime.

For the second starting group to beat the first group it is something that will happen so rarely. (You have a better chance of getting an amazing seeding from the PPA).

Something would normally have to go wrong in the elite bunch for something like that to happen.

The SV won the westcoast express last year. But I believe that the elites were forced to stop at one point?

But otherwise, at a large league event the people that are in the front bunch will all be the top cyclists.

This is BS, if the seeding goes on like this there won't be any Elite riders left at the end of this year

anybody else only do mtb events? My seeding is down to S!!! Only 2 of the 12 races I did last year count for seeding which is really frustrating. Is the argus mtb event only going to be considered in the next seeding run?

Sounds like the same problem as mine with mtb races not showing on the pedal power website.  Are your races showing on racetec?

I've also got road races however that aren't being shown either.

I've send them an excel spread sheet, showing all my missing races so we will see what they come back with.  According to the girl I spoke to they are excluding any races. 

Yes I know some of the races aren't sanctioned by pedal power blah blah blah, but that doesn't explain why results that were on their site have disappeared. 

Hey guys

How many races have you got that have a weighting next to them? Is it correct that only 3 of mine should have weightings? 34, 34, and 32 (to make up 100).

What determines which races they use?