Sabie / Witrivier mtb routes

_Daemon_

Apart from Mankele that's not too far away, anyone know of any MTB trials in the area? Perhaps maybe have gps routes for me? Can you just go ride on the plantation roads, or is it private property?

Ja, please don't go missioning into the plantations without a permit, because it gives MTB'ers a bad name and the local foresters become reluctant to issue permits for land access, for races etc.

The best thing to do is to hook up with the local riders who do MTB routes in the area every weekend especially now leading up to the Jhb2C. I know that from Nelspruit Nico Bell from Bell's Cycling goes out every weekend on 40 and 70 to 80 k rides. There's also a bike shop in Sabie that should point you in the right direction.

Ja' date=' please don't go missioning into the plantations without a permit, because it gives MTB'ers a bad name and the local foresters become reluctant to issue permits for land access, for races etc.[/quote']

Can you get permits for general trail riding? The Merry Pebbles one has a coule of recommended routes. What if you want to grab a GPS and just head into the hills? Is this possible?