Also keen to see the pics if anyone has got them

YES, let me see MH, come on, or I'll start moaning again!!! smileys/smiley2.gif

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Glad to see everyone had fun, cause i know i didsmileys/smiley4.gif (think i spent too much time at the front though cause i was dead by the end smileys/smiley11.gif)

Bought myslef a new bike on sat so now i wanna go test it again smileys/smiley1.gif

Hope to see you all soon

There is nothing quite like asking how much further it was to ride' date=' getting told about 35kms, riding for another hour and half and then finding out that there was then still 40kms to go before the cake eating. Good day to bank for the Jock. 

[/quote']

Ja but if i'd told everyone we still had 70-80km to go they would have ALL wanted to climb in the Subaru.

smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif

YES' date=' let me see MH, come on, or I'll start moaning again!!! Click on image to open in new window

[/quote']

Someone give EWEP a beer please! smileys/smiley4.gif

Sure but shall we start off with a nice climb up Krugersdorp hill, then out to magaliesburg across to hekpoort do that a couple if timessmileys/smiley36.gif then back home?smileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif

Na joking what i meant to say is that i always want to be riding it... I am sure we will have another get together in the not to distant future... smileys/smiley4.gif

I'm in!!!  Where's KC??  We can do a loop there in the south, but the sister is working, so no backup from her side smileys/smiley18.gif.

Someone give EWEP a beer please! Click on image to open in new window

Sjeez, did I get it when we got home?!?! Had half a beer and was "lippe teen die klippe"!!!  The sister was not impressed with a half p|ssed husband, and that after HALF A BEER!!! smileys/smiley4.gif

so organise something then.... smileys/smiley2.gif

ok, i had a little bit of operator-error with the new toy, but here is the "map" and graph from the ride - started approx at westgate smileys/smiley9.gif

uploads/slowpoke/images/2006-06-19_112101_20061606.jpg

as soon as i sort out a pc at home i'll be able to install the decent software to actually show the map properly

He he! What a ride!

smileys/smiley19.gifI left the camera at home... I'll have to download pics tomorrow.

So, who's organising the ride this weekend?!

Hey Dudes and Dudettes,

Sorry, I've only just got to work now (meetings and doctor's appointments)

A good ride on Friday - definitely highlighted the fact that it's a long time ago that I've done anything over 60kms. Well done to all who finished on their bikes.

Perhaps it was a bit psychological, but coming back along the N14, with a (very very) slight head wind, got me thinking all over again about the Nola and how I suffered on that same road into a 60kph wind. I just couldn't go on smileys/smiley19.gif.

Oh well, I did enjoy it, Scotty and I had a few nice long bursts on some of the long flat sections, but 100kms was all I could manage in the end.

I wasn't popular when I got home, as I pretty much expected, especially when I got home at 15h00 after talking about brunch at the end of the ride !!! A leason, I suppose, in making sure a route is firmly finalised. I agree, next time we gag ewep, and taking turns, drag him up Hekpoort if need be.

Thanks Michelle, I guess it's time for the easterners to reciprocate, hey !??smileys/smiley9.gif

I agree, next time we gag ewep, and taking turns, drag him up Hekpoort if need be.

Next time, NO snacks!!!!  smileys/smiley7.gifsmileys/smiley7.gif

Or take a beer or 10 along!!!! smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

I agree' date=' next time we gag ewep, and taking turns, drag him up Hekpoort if need be.
[/quote']

Next time, NO snacks!!!!  Click on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new window

Or take a beer or 10 along!!!! Click on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new window

Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot about that - Ok, you win - we go where you want to go.smileys/smiley2.gif

I'm trying to get hold of BigBen, don't know if his PM is full though.  Want to get his feeling on a route I want to do!