Kenda Nevegals tubeless conversion???

nolipoli

smiley17.gif I am sure after 10 years it will corrode to such a point that you break a spoke !!

Someone keeps a bike/wheels that long Confused

If you are running ghetto the sealant should not really be touching the rim at all but be between the tire and ghetto strip.

Anyway odds are I'll destroy a rim in a hundred other ways long before sealant causes it to split. No Tubes website doesn't advise against using  them either?   

I  had the same problem initially with my ghetto setuup using wtb tyres.It would lose air within half a day.I kept on shaking it around and pumping,it held air well from the second day of doing this.With my maxxis i had no issues.Both were non UST

Some truths here and some crappy advice!!

My take: Ghostface - in theory, perhaps your arguement is true..BUT how do the sealant ever get past a ghetto conversion where the tube is stretched OVER the entire rim...i.e the correct way of doing it. I can still see a rim strip letting some sealant past but never a ghetto BMX setup!

Youv'e got more chance of water getting in there on a "normal" tube setup...not true?

Then perhaps change the sludge sealt for STANS...it'sguranteed to work - albeit more expensive. I use OKO & sludge etc on 317 rims and never had any probs...

Also, go ride then tyres for a day or two and keep topping the air up....it will eventually seal.

Get rid of the SLIME and use the best? STANS

Could'nt agree with you more! Going Ghetto you need the best sealant. Slime works well for plugging holes, but to get the sidewalls and rim/bead to seal Stans are the best.I also add 50ml of sludge to the 1.5 cups of Stans.

Get rid of the SLIME and use the best  STANS

Could'nt agree with you more! Going Ghetto you need the best sealant. Slime works well for plugging holes' date=' but to get the sidewalls and rim/bead to seal Stans are the best.I also add 50ml of sludge to the 1.5 cups of Stans.[/quote']

Good advice!!!

Makes for hassle free riding...

The Kende Nevegals will work but I found that your Joe Sealant is the best to do a conversation and something used a 24 tube instead of the 20 tube on the 20 tube the valve just come loose so I try a bigger tube and so far no problems

The air escapes through the sidewalls and not where the tyre and rim meets or through the spoke holes . I think insulation tape with the BMX tube is a overkill . If you really want to go the cheap route then using just insulation tape and a valve cut out of a old tube also works (on some rims). A lot of people will tell you that you need the tube/rimstrip to also seal the tyre where it comes in contat with the rim . This is not the case and you there for do not need to cut the tube so thick that it stick out when the tyre has been installed .

The Kende Nevegals will work but I found that your Joe Sealant is the best to do a conversation and something used a 24 tube instead of the 20 tube on the 20 tube the valve just come loose so I try a bigger tube and so far no problems

It is easier to find chicken teeth than a 20" tube with a thin valve . I cut out the bigger valve and put my own valve in that I can screw tightly onto the rim . When I do a convertion again I will take photos .

A lot of people will tell you that you need the tube/rimstrip to also seal the tyre where it comes in contat with the rim . This is not the case and you there for do not need to cut the tube so thick that it stick out when the tyre has been installed .

Interesting,what is the bmx tube section used for then? just to seal the spoke holes?